+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been reading these forums for a little while. It's great to read about other people going through the same things. Good luck everyone!

My partner and I have had 3 unsuccessful IUIs and we're just starting IVF this cycle. We're using a clinic-recruited donor. Fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone the best of luck :-)
    Welcome JustJaq,

Hope you settle in a get comfy on this forum. My favourite threads are the same sex parents ones because all the ladies over here know exactly what you're going through and they're just so lovely and supportive. It's nice to have so many people in your corner!

Sorry about your IUI's - DP and I were in the same boat as you. We had 4 failed IUI's and then moved on to IVF to get our BFP! We're 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow with our little princess.

Do you know when you're starting your IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We decided to start with IVF and our first transfer was a BFN which was to be expected. Most couples have a couple of goes before it works! Whether it be a few iui's first a few transfers. I think a few BFN's helps to appreciate the blessing you end up with though

Any idea when your EPU will be??

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BestThings and Rainbowbabe. BestThings, congrats on your 22 weeks!

We are ‘in cycle’ now for our first IVF cycle – 3 days of Gonal-F injections so far, and we start adding in the other injection in a few days time. We are on cycle day 4, so expecting an EPU in about 10 days I think? Will depend on how the scans are looking I suppose.

How was the EPU for those having done IVF? I’m a bit apprehensive about it. Not looking forward to a general anaesthetic, or how I might feel leading up to it for that matter… How was the recovery afterwards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF was heavily sedated (asleep) but it wasn't a full general so her recovery was super quick! Half an hour after the procedure and we were out of there! She didn't feel anything and even after no real pain. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I haven't heard anyone say they felt pain from that more just bloated and a little tender from full ovaries!

Your EPU should be around the same time as DF's FET I wonder if they will do a 3 day or 5 day (blast) transfer with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Rainbowroad. Your DF's EPU sounds like it went really well. Good luck for the FET! I'm hoping that we get a few to freeze too if this transfer doesn't take.

I think the plan is for a day 5 transfer for me. Not sure why, or what the relative benefits of day 3 vs day 5 transfers ar. Does anyone know why a day 3 transfer is used sometimes, and a day 5 transfer is used in other cases?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I had a full GA - I don't even remember past them giving me the 'relaxing' drugs, let alone the GA. I was apprehensive when I first got on the table and there were lots of people all around me doing different things. It was a little intimidating but the anaesthesiologist told me to to focus on him and explained he was first going to give me something to help me relax and that it works very quickly. Literally seconds later I felt this wave come over me and I remember I had long enough to think 'wow that was fast, this feels so nice' and next thing I am waking up in recovery. The nurse told me I had woken up a few times before but I didn't remember any. From the moment I woke I felt fully alert and comfortable. I had heard stories about FS writing the number of eggs picked up on your hand, so I looked down and 8 was written on my ID band. I sat around for about 15 mins and had some water and the nurse came and asked how I was and if I wanted to go and sit with DP. I got dressed after they checked I wasn't bleeding and went into the waiting room with DP for about another 10 mins while they gave me something to eat and prepared my paperwork and home I went. I felt so good for the rest of the day - more than just good, I felt that amazing calm the drugs gave me without the intense drunk feeling. I was in no pain. Sadly however the next day I was very sick and sore, not from EPU but because I very quickly developed OHSS. The other thing that made it difficult was the GA making me constipated. We waited a few days before doing anything about it - next time I will take something immediately. Constipation and the OHSS made for an awfully anxious time leading up to transfer as I felt like my body just wasn't ready, but by some miracle I woke up transfer day and OHSS was mostly gone! All in all EPU was pleasant - way way better than taking drugs leading up to it. It's a nice feeling making to what you had been preparing for (and knowing you didn't need any more needles!).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See our experience was a little different with the egg numbers. The doctor came out and told me that we got 9 eggs and then said he would let DF know when she woke up. I thought it was a very personal touch all in all it was a good experience and DF didn't have any pain after because she didn't get OHSS. I think you will be okay Justjaq it's quick and is actually an exciting time! The part we were nervous about was waiting to see how many would fertilise!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Justjaq
    Who is your doctor at cfc

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome JustJaq! Good luck with the IVF cycle. It is great to be able to ask questions here from people who know what it's like. This is my fourth iui and will go onto IVF if not successful this time.

Best things, thanks for the idea of turtle costumes there are some on Etsy that are really cute! I only do simple crochet but might have to ask DP's mum to try as she is great at crochet.

Only four more days til my blood test, have had a busy last few days which has been good. Two mummys you must be close to testing, how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tested this afternoon BFN
    It was day 12, I will test again on Thursday to see what I get. Ring clinic tomorow morning to see if I can get a blood test
    My last pregnyl shot was tues.
    It's not looking good

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app