+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Actually Rainbowbabe, DP and I were laying in bed talking about our name last night and we've come up with a bit of a problem with it. Initials wise! So watch this space! I actually think it's a little easier to name a boy then a girl. We've been thinking of names for soo long but they've all changed now.

I'm glad you don't have any more injections Two mummys. I'm hoping this is your BFP! Are you getting excited to POAS? We would always POAS so that we were prepared for the news from the blood test.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thought I would check in a bit late to introduce our baby boy, Toby, born on the 14th November.

Long labour, perfect little man though. 3335 grams, 50cm long. He's completely amazing!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384819861.837699.jpg

Brand new

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384819886.914954.jpg

5 days old today

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (20-11-2013),CandE  (19-11-2013),Flower78  (19-11-2013),Hers&Hers  (19-11-2013),twomummas  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Thought I would check in a bit late to introduce our baby boy, Toby, born on the 14th November.

Long labour, perfect little man though. 3335 grams, 50cm long. He's completely amazing!!!

Attachment 46378

Brand new

Attachment 46379

5 days old today
    Congrats! He's gorgeous!

TwoMummas - Beginning our journey to becoming Mums through IUI.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Exciting things are happening in this thread!

Two mummas- Hopefully your pregnancy stays morning sickness free. The first few weeks of pregnancy are so nerve racking and exciting. The first ultrasound is always so beautiful and emotional. The little heart flickering is so cute, isn't it?
    Well I'm 7 weeks today. Morning sickness keeps coming and going but I'm managing ok! We saw that teeny tiny flickering and it was so cool! A little surreal as well. I still think I'm being quite reserved about it all. I am extremely moody though. Takes so much to not snap at everyone at work lol probably a good thing DP works away. Anyway bring on Christmas because then we'll be 12 weeks! What a great present!

TwoMummas - Beginning our journey to becoming Mums through IUI.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Rainbow Road He is beautiful.

Two Mummas it must be so wonderful to see your baby on the ultrasound and heart beating away. I know I will cry when it's my turn! Hope the first trimester goes by without too much morning sickness.

So far only 4DPO and blood test day 14. I think I will POAS on day 12 as I hate the wait for the test result.... My clinic call in the afternoon and I was a bundle of nerves the time I didn't test. I have been knitting to pass the time, I am a bit of a granny! I like it cause its baby related but distracting. I think I have a whole drawer full of baby clothes I made now in lots of colours and sizes...any I don't need should be good pressies!
    What does everyone else do for distraction in the 2WW? Ideas welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cute Rainbow road. Congratulations.

Had my first scan yesterday. Have put me at 13 weeks a few days ahead of what we thought. Was so wonderful seeing the little bubba. Morning sickness is starting to ease.

Totally understand wanting to yell at co- workers two mummas. It was very hard not to some days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rainbow Road! He is beautiful! You must be thrilled to have him here now!!

Best things - that sucks with the initials! The name we love for a girl does not work with DF's surname (soon to be my surname too). Soooo... We are just going to hope for a boy lol. Nah I don't care what it is but yes I agree boys names are easier! We can't figure out what we will do if we have a girl lol. Plenty of time for us to worry about that though. I'm sure you will find a name that you love and that works

Twomummas - it will be great to get to that milestone for Christmas! Are you going to announce it at Christmas time too?

Flower - our TWW last time (first time) was actually only one week lol. We had a 3 day transfer and they did first hCG at 10dpo so we knew from there that things weren't looking good. The official test was 2 days later. So for us it went fast - in fact it felt too fast and we kept thinking we needed more time to give Seedy a chance when in reality if it wasn't working, it wasn't working. The next time we have a transfer it will be a blast so bloods will be 5 days later and then 2 days after that as well. We have to drive back from Canberra so we will come back the day after the transfer and then go back to work so time will fly. We may be having the transfer on a Friday so in that case we will come back on the Sunday and then test will be on the Wednesday! Anyway the only I can think is to try to focus on work? Or going out with friends? I have a demanding career where I get barely enough of a chance to breathe in my day - it definitely helps!!!

Sartan - so glad that things are going well!!! Hope your whole pregnancy stays that way!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 19-11-2013 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Nawh! Rainbow Road, little Toby is absolutely perfect. I bet you and DP are so smitten right now! He'd be worth the long labour I'm sure. Is he settling well? Being a perfect little bubba? I hope you're getting some much deserved sleep after your labour.

Sartan, 13 weeks! Wow time really flies sometimes doesn't it? Are you going to find out the gender of bub? We were too impatient! We had to know the moment we could, lol.

Flower - I always found the two week wait the worst. I love that you knit! What a beautiful thing to do for your baby. If you can crochet you should check out the little 'turtle costumes' on Etsy that you can crochet! Adorable! We are going to buy one (as we cannot crochet or knit) so that we can take newborn photos with bub.

Two mummas! Are you going to be announcing at Christmas? That's a beautiful idea! Do you know how you're going to do it? Will you do something special or have a nice sit down and tell people? We did a photo. I love the photo because a friend said she could see the love and adoration in the photo of DP and I looking at each other sharing our news and it made her cry. So I'm glad to always have that as a reminder of how lucky we felt and how happy we are.

Rainbow baby, any reason you're going with DP's last name? We decided we'd go with my DP's last name because she missed out on the biological factor and the birth but about 80% of the decision was because her last name is MUCH MUCH cooler/ better than mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Best Things - her name is cooler than mine too and shorter haha. Well we will both be carrying so both will have her surname. The main reason is really that her dad passed away and she wanted to continue with her family name as long as possible. If we have girls not much can be done lol. I don't have a strong tie to my family name so I was more than happy when she asked if I would take on her name when we got engaged.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Best Things - he is such a calm and chilled out bubba (so far), I think he's an old soul because he's not too phased by anything!! Sleep hasn't been too bad actually, and he's a great feeder. I've struck gold with this one!!! I'm sure he will 'wake up' soon, but it doesn't really matter because I think I've done pretty well with sleep the last few days.

Wishing you cyclers all and easy pregnancy vibes for the preggos!!!