+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same-sex Parents on the Baby making journey

There's a few of us who are TTC, waiting to TTC or already pregnant. so I thought maybe we could start a new thread so we all in it instead of various different ones, so we can chart and keep track of each other's journeys.

So shall we start with introductions?

Name
    where are you in your journey? I.e TTC , waiting to TCC, TWW, BfP?
    clinic used if applicable
    and any other information you would like to share....

p.s this is a thread for all those carrying and not carrying.

h&h , DP and I have a 3 year old DD. we are having our first appointment with fertility first in 2 weeks and hoping to start ASAP. I will be carrying using DP's egg and donor sperm.
    Last edited by Hers&Hers; 14-10-2013 at 12:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good idea :-)

I'm KKP and I have the most wonderful lady as my wife.
    We did 2 rounds of IUI with DP to be carrying through qfg and the second round we got a bfp. Had a scan at almost 7 weeks which out is 5 days behind. Had another scan at 8 weeks and our little bubba had passed away and so DP had a d&c a week later. We are currently waiting for DP to get AF back so we can try another round of IUI!
    We have the most amazing dr at qfg, he's so nice and caring and we love him! He always makes us feel comfortable and well informed.
    Hopefully AF comes soon as we are going away in November and it would be awesome if insem happened right before we went away so we could spend most of the tww relaxing together!

We are hoping for a little take home bubby soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Heyo,

My DP and I are living in Brisbane and are 16 weeks pregnant today! I love when Mondays come around as we graduate another week.

We went through QFG Spring hill but went to our FS's office Eve Health in Southbank for most the meetings, etc. Our FS was Ben Kroon and we cannot recommend him higher! We went through 4 rounds of natural IUI which failed and got our BFP on our first round of ivf.

We are both 23 and so excited to be mumma's! We had a scan at 5weeks, 7 weeks (HB 136), 9 weeks (HB 149) and 13 weeks (HB 150ish).

I'm thinking baby is a boy! But I'll certainly let you all know as soon as we find out.

Let me know if you have any questions about the lesbian ttc journey because I feel like we've been through it all!

Good luck ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Heyo,My DP and I are living in Brisbane and are 16 weeks pregnant today! I love when Mondays come around as we graduate another week. We went through QFG Spring hill but went to our FS's office Eve Health in Southbank for most the meetings, etc. Our FS was Ben Kroon and we cannot recommend him higher! We went through 4 rounds of natural IUI which failed and got our BFP on our first round of ivf. We are both 23 and so excited to be mumma's! We had a scan at 5weeks, 7 weeks (HB 136), 9 weeks (HB 149) and 13 weeks (HB 150ish). I'm thinking baby is a boy! But I'll certainly let you all know as soon as we find out. Let me know if you have any questions about the lesbian ttc journey because I feel like we've been through it all! Good luck ladies!!!
    Congrats Best!! Can you feel the bub move yet??i love hearing these stories of BFP on first IVF, I don't think I will handle a BFN so hoping to be as lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks H&H, I'm not really sure that I can feel the baby move at the moment. At my NT scan the ultrasound tech told me that my placenta is anterior so I might not feel movement until 20 weeks! However, if I lay very still in bed and concentrate very hard I think I might be able to feel little bubbles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think this is a great idea
    As you can see my name is Naeda
    At the moment we are in our tww (12dpo to be exact) although it looks like af is arriving
    Our journey to a bundle is a little confusing .we are currently using a.semi known donor until our cool off period is over with our fertility clinic in WA as a just in case .
    We have 2 furbabies and are currently in the process of moving downsouth so all a bit crazy around here atm

Congrats best things on your bub & best of luck KKP

Sent from out and about but still 2 mums & a maybe baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    And also good luck with your journey hers&hers (stupid phone pushed submit too early)

Sent from out and about but still 2 mums & a maybe baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I'm 21 and my partner is 24 and we have just started the process of going through iui.
    We are going through Bubtree with Professor Bruce Dunphy.

We've done blood tests to check ovarian reserve and a long list of other stuff. I've had an ultrasound to check physiology and just waiting to go in for our counselling session.

My only worry is the money side of things but I believe I've sorted it all out and can not wait for our first iui.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Best Things, congrats on the bub :-)
    We are in Brisbane as well! I'm glad there's others here.

Good luck to all those in the tww or trying soon. Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you all!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey all, I'm rainbow rd and am almost 35 weeks with bub no 1. Conceived via Icsi through fertility first

We are pretty excited to be meeting our bundle.

Hope that all the triers get their BFPs soon!!!

As for movement, I also have an anterior placenta and first felt bub at 19+2, and dp was able to feel him at 19+4. It's a fantastic feeling!

Now I constantly feel little bits of him poking out here and there!