+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Allergic reaction?

Last night DH gave me a back run using Moogoo moisturiser which I have used before with no problems. Afterwards because my skin felt weird I got DH to wipe the cream off with a nappy wipe because I thought he had just used to much, well with in 10 minutes of it feeling weird I have broken out in itchy red bumps all over my back, my skin feel like it is on fire my skin feels like it is being torn from the smallest touch even my pj top feels like a cheese grater on my back, I have been feeling hot, clammy and dizzy and have had secret muscle pain in my back that bad I haven't been able to move to get comfortable enough to sleep. Is this a typical allergic reaction or could I have something else? I will ring the Drs once they are open to get a appointment but thought I would check in here to see if anyone might know what it is.
    P.S my arms and legs have started itching as well but so far no bumps have appeared on them
    P.P.S I have had nurofern, panadine extra and phenergan at different stage throughout the night to try and relieve some symptoms but nothing has worked
    Last edited by loodle; 14-10-2013 at 04:45.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely go to the doctor as soon as you can get in. I am not sure if that's a typical allergic reaction but sounds painful and awful. Have you looked at the ingredients to see of there's anything you might recognise to be allergic to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The itchy bumps sound indicative of allergy! The clammy and dizzy is a bit of a concern but not really a classic allergy symptoms?
    Any problems breathing?
    I'm surprised the antihistamine didn't help.
    Have you used the product before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Definitely go to the doctor as soon as you can get in. I am not sure if that's a typical allergic reaction but sounds painful and awful. Have you looked at the ingredients to see of there's anything you might recognise to be allergic to?
    Yep and no nothing listed that I recognise having a reaction to previously

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    The itchy bumps sound indicative of allergy! The clammy and dizzy is a bit of a concern but not really a classic allergy symptoms?
    Any problems breathing?
    I'm surprised the antihistamine didn't help.
    Have you used the product before?
    No breathing problems, used the cream back in July and didn't get a reaction then that is why this is so puzzling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update; Dr does seem to think it is just a allergy since it was localized and didn't spread but just unsure as to why I am all of a sudden allergic to a cream I have used before without problems. By the time I went to the Dr my back had swollen up to the point I felt like my bra was about to cut through my skin so I was put on steroids immediately and antihistamines and painkillers which seem to be helping because the itching isn't so bad and the swelling has come down but I feel as if my back has been beaten with a baseball bat. Thanks again for the responses

Thanks
    Reviews
    With medications quite often people don't have the allergic reaction until the second time they take it rather than the first...
    Guess it's the same with creams?

Thanks
    Reviews
    There must had been something in the ingredients that could have caused the allergic issues. Generally stay away from mineral oil, petroleum jelly (they block the pores), perfumes, and anything that sounds too chemical.