+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tampon inside cervix???

Hello there!

I've come to this forum looking on google for an answer to my question.

My cycles are 28 days, not a day late, every single month. It's so like clockwork that it's normally around 6/7pm on the 28th day that my period arrives.

This month I was 4 days late, for a 32 day cycle. I can tell when I ovulate and I'm fairly certain it was on time, to the day (I have a very accurate fertility calendar on my phone!).

That alone didn't concern me, but I've also had a lot of sharp cramping that almost feels like it's in my ovaries rather than the dull cramping I normally get, and normally it's more generalised, lower pelvic pain not in a specific spot. This cycle is also heavier than others.

The most concerning part is that this morning I bled through a tampon in about 2 hours (had leaked through to my dress and there was blood on the top of my legs too). Also when I tried to remove the tampon, it was inside my cervix.

I know now google has said this is impossible but I know my body very well, and I had to actually use my entire hand to pry it out. It was extremely painful, I almost couldn't bear to remove it.

I have a 3 1/2yo, and have not been pregnant before or after that pregnancy.

The he pain isn't as bad now, and I haven't bled through since then (maybe 11am when this all happened).

Has anyone got any advice?
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would think you've just *thought* it was stuck in your cervix, but if you're certain that's what was going on, you should probably go see someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did do a pregnancy test at 2 days late and the morning of 4 days late (yesterday - period arrived late at night, about 9/10pm) and both were very very negative, could it still be a m/c if there's been no hint of a positive?
    And SassyMummy, I'm 100% certain that's what it was, I can't explain how much force I had to use to try and get it out - pulling on the string did nothing, I ended up having to "peel" what I'm sure was the cervix back with one hand and pull the tampon from the body, not the string. The pain was ridiculous!
    I will head to my doctor tomorrow, just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingInPuddles View Post
    Wow that's full on! You poor thing :-(
    Late period and open cervix, plus heavy bleeding sounds like an early m/c to me...I'd go see a doctor.
    I agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you poor thing that sounds really painful!! You seem really in tune with your body so I think you know something isn't right and you need to see your gp. Best of luck and I hope the pain is behind you now.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with Giggle. If you are very in tune with your body you know when something is going on. Please get it looked at

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes re: tampons in cervix, and it happened to me. I dtd with a tampon inserted (not realising) it was days later that I had a foul smell and felt off. Went to the Dr had a pap smear - no sign of the tampon, so thought I must have removed it prior but had some sort of infection? A few days later, I passed it at work.. I was in shock and very fortunate I didnt end up with TSS - must have been tucked into my cervix...! So it can happen. No STI's and this was pre kids...