+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Agreed. My midwife said that 'there is no such thing as comfort sucking, it's just an excuse people use to justify giving their baby a dummy'.. Her words exactly.
    My DS is 2 weeks old, I had a midwife come out a week ago and told me to give DS a dummy as he was probably comfort sucking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed. My midwife said that 'there is no such thing as comfort sucking, it's just an excuse people use to justify giving their baby a dummy'.. Her words exactly.
    I gave ds a dummy it worked. Whats to justify?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those were her exact words... And in my experience.. It was right. I thought my son was comfort sucking... Turns out I had low supply & he wasn't getting anything.

But, let the flaming begin. Everyone gets so defensive on dummies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Those were her exact words... And in my experience.. It was right. I thought my son was comfort sucking... Turns out I had low supply & he wasn't getting anything.

Funny that, not all experiences are the same so just because it was right for you doesnt mean its not a load of rubbish for others

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first two needed dummies, my last didn't. My first baby wouldn't have gotten off my boobs (and before I introduced a dummy he literally wouldn't stop sucking for hours) if I hadn't given a dummy. As long as you are feeding very regularly if they have it while they are sleeping they will still wake when they are hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Funny that, not all experiences are the same so just because it was right for you doesnt mean its not a load of rubbish for others

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Would you not think that a 1 week old would be sucking to build supply (as that is when the milk is coming in)... Not sucking for comfort??? Anyway... I'm not getting into an argument with you about why you should or shouldn't use a dummy... I'm just sharing MY experience, like every other person on here does...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Edited cos I cant be bothered.

OP I hope you get some sleep soon xo
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 14-10-2013 at 11:11.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

How many kids do you have?

I have 3 and every baby is so different.

My supply was not a problem. In fact, I probably had an over supply. I leaked constantly for 3 months, had to change the sheets everyday and put a mattress protector on because every morning I woke up saturated. One time at a shop, I was getting stared at, only realised when I got home that I had leaked through breast pads and had big circles of milk on my shirt. My son hated all the milk coming out because he did suck for comfort.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Perhaps someone could start a new thread about comfort sucking.

Let's not detract from MWL's issue of finding solutions to help with her new one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    How many kids do you have?

I have 3 and every baby is so different.

My supply was not a problem. In fact, I probably had an over supply. I leaked constantly for 3 months, had to change the sheets everyday and put a mattress protector on because every morning I woke up saturated. One time at a shop, I was getting stared at, only realised when I got home that I had leaked through breast pads and had big circles of milk on my shirt. My son hated all the milk coming out because he did suck for comfort.
    Wow... That's amazing... I wish my supply was like that yes... Let's not turn this into a pro dummy con dummy thread I have 1 child