+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you sleeping in the day? It's the only way to get through this. I us3d to call from about 10pm onwsrds my night shift.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 13-10-2013 at 15:30.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    Are you sleeping in the day? It's the only way to get through this. I us3d to call from about 10pm onwsrds my night shift.

Yep, this. Is your DH home with you for a while or back at work? When he is home, have him entertain your other little one for a little while during the day (unless he or she is at kindy/school) and you have a sleep when your bub has a sleep. Those couple of hours here and there will make the nights so much easier to cope with.

Further to what others have said about keeping the house bright during the day, also don't tip toe around. Let normal household noise happend during the day, but quiet at night.

It won't last forever, but I remember those hours between midnight and 4 feeling like they would never end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Ok don't get me wrong I adore the pants of my DD. but I can't keep doing these nights. I'm at breaking point every night and even broke down crying last night in the midst of it.

I don't know what to do. Is it normal. Should we be expecting less.??

She feeds well and sleeps well all day. Good 2-3 hrs sometimes more- blocks of rest then feeds etc. she is settled and happy.

But come 10/11pm she feeds. And feeds. And feeds and feeds and feeds. She gets milk drunk. But not asleep. If I put her in her basinet next to us she lies for about 1min before fussing and looking for the breast again. So we start all over. This goes on for hours. Last night both df and I were up from 10 till 5 on repeat. Feed. Burp. Lie down. Wake up. Etc etc.

We can't get any rest and its wearing me down. Come 5am she finally slept for a few hrs and then resumed her day time routine of feed and sleep for a few hrs.

Is this cluster feeding? It seems so extreme. I don't know how she isn't just exhausted. And I kind of want to scream when she yawns at me at 3am after not an ounce of sleep for any of us.

I want to keep breastfeeding and stick with it. I worry about using dummies or formula top ups in case it affects my supply. I already had supply issues with DS yrs ago and am very conscious not to have the same problems.

Suggestions, support, advise plse!!!!
    I haven't ready all the responses... But big hugs to you. In my experience... This is normal. There is nothing you can do. I know the feeling.. It's exhausting... But it does end. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you don't have other kids to look after, I would suggest sleeping during the day when she does.

I don't think dummies are detrimental. My son wanted to comfort suck and got frustrated at the milk squirting out. Giving him the dummy had no impact on my supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. My son was asleep 90% of the day. My middy suggested getting in out and about as much as we could and even waking him during the day for example giving him a bath taking him out in the breeze and sunshine. We also ended up.giving him a dummy. Some babies just need to suckle for comfort. It took about a week to break the day / night confusion. I wont lie it was hell and I had a 15 month old to deal with but dh and I took turns and my mum had my 15 month old for a few hours on the weekend so we could sleep when ds slept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. Co sleeper bed in place. Dd has been fed, bathed, wrapped and we are ready to try again.

Here's hoping tonight is better. It surely can't be any worse than the last.

Wish us luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I hope tonight goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to feed DD then get DH to take her in the bassinet into the living room.
    if she was within a few metres of me she would fuss to suckle constantly. I still breastfed her 2 hourly but if I had just fed her and she was grizzling I found she md sleep away from me with DH. He'd bring her back once she cried as then I knew she was hungry.

Agree with the day/night mix up. It takes a while to get into your day/night routines.

And try take comfort in the fact she is establishing your milk supply. It will get easier day by day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just tell myself this mantra and it would help me a lot.. ""this will pass, it is not forever''.. I remember with our first feeling like that.. but that said, you will feel a lot better in a few weeks when bubs recognises day from night etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the other posts so sorry if this doubles up... Can you cosleep at all?

That is...do you drink? Smoke? Does your partner smoke? Are you overweight? Do you have a firm mattress? This kinds of things...google safe cosleeping. I found that helped enormously when bibs wanted to be attached all night.

It is normal though. Try to sleep when she does during the day and don't stress about doing anything but feeding and caring for bub at the moment. Don't try formula yet if you can help it as your bub seems to be establishing your supply.

You are going the hardest bit now. It does get easier! Persevere and you'll reap the rewards later.