+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What she is doing is normal but sleep deprivation is a form of torture so what you're feeling is also normal and nothing to do with how much you love her.

I remember begging my 1 week old son to sleep one night (didn't work obviously lol but I was so desperate) .

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BubinDec For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally normal, though i get how hard it is. I LOVE my sleep. As she is so young theres not really much you can do about it expect make sure night time feeds are in a dark, quiet room with little or no fuss.

My advice to you is sleep when she does during the day...bugger the house work and just take it as it comes...this is newborns for ya!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubinDec View Post
    What she is doing is normal but sleep deprivation is a form of torture

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you all for your suggestions and reassurance. It is torture at times and I am really worried for df as he is returning to work tomorrow. It's one thing for me to be tired at home but I am concerned for his safety using heavy machinery and being sleep deprived.

We had her in a Moses basket beside the bed but it isn't working. I spend more time getting her in and out than not. She also wakes the second we put her back in. So we bought a co sleeping pod thing today to have in between us.
    She seems to sleep much better in the bed but neither of us were getting a good rest because we were so worried about her getting smothered or caught up in the sheets.
    Hopefully the pod helps us relax a little too.

I never experienced anything like this with ds so it's all very new to us ATM

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My missy
    Moo had days and nights mixed up for about yer first 6 weeks.

I just wouldnt talk to her during the night session, bum change feed no talking no lights on and straight back to sleep after (we co slept for the first 6-7 months because she would NOT sleep anywhere but in my arms) then she made the decision we were too uncomfy for her so she went in her cot.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids both took till about 3 weeks before they went from an owl to a baby.
    Your body will soon get used to the sleepless nights but those first weeks are so draining, I agree.
    Hang in there it'll get better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's totally normal especially for breastfeeding. I co slept. Bubs fed/slept then we would roll over and go again on the other side, it's the only way I got any rest. But I am not a heavy sleeper, so it's up to what you feel comfortable with

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also to help with day & night, in the day time open all your curtains and make sure your house is very bright. Then at tea time close all the curtains & only use minimal lighting near bubs. When bubs was in your tummy it was night all the time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xanadu For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Also to help with day & night, in the day time open all your curtains and make sure your house is very bright. Then at tea time close all the curtains & only use minimal lighting near bubs. When bubs was in your tummy it was night all the time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This, and first thing in the morning, pop her in the pram and go out for a walk in the sunshine. It will do you both lots of good to get dime fresh air, sunshine and the vitamin d it provides will make you feel better. As well as help her recognise its day time.

Also, at night, like a pp said, keep it dark with no talking, try to just use a very dim lamp or a nightlight, no tv on (boring I know!), make feeds really boring.

That will help getting her body clock set for night and day.

The cluster feeding is completely normal! Just go with it. It will establish your supply.

You said your partner goes back to work tomorrow? Can he temporarily sleep in a separate room? My dh would sleep through a bomb going off, so his nights are rarely disturbed, but if bubs was waking him, I'd change the sleeping arrangements, especially if he has a dangerous job.

You're doing great, just keep going!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent suggestions here. Just wanted to give you a big hug, xxxx the first few weeks of my sons life were the hardest, much worse than i EVER anticipated. I was crying every day, its so so cruel not grtting any sleep.
    Accept each and every offer of help from anyone who offers it and reach out to people for little things like hanging out a load of washing.

I think ds knew what was day and night by around 2 months.