+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Does anyone use the prepaid debit function of their qantas frequent flyers? I receive a new card the other day and am wondering if it's worth activating it.
    You earn a point for each $2 you spend. So if you loaded money onto it and used it for grocery shopping and the likes, points would be earnt faster.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I didn't know about that. I don't remember where I put my card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Not sure whether this is really money for nothing but thought I'd share anyway. Our foxtel package should be $97 per month but I keep calling to tell them it's not worth that much and I can't justify / afford to spend that much on TV and if they can't give me a better deal I'll cancel. I've had 15 consecutive months of discounts by doing this, I just agreed to 6 months at $73.50 today. At the end of this contract, I'm going to try to screw them right down as we don't watch foxtel that much anyway so I wouldn't care too much if we did cancel it. I'm thinking of trying to get down to around $65 per month. It doesn't take much convincing on my part to get a discount, just make sure you call during business hours because that's when their cancellations team are there and they're apparently the only ones who can give the discounts.
    Do you ask to be tranferred to there cancelation team? Think I might give this one a try for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Do you ask to be tranferred to there cancelation team? Think I might give this one a try for sure.
    Yep I do. Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping as there's another thread asking about paid surveys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's an Education Maintenance Allowance in VIC for concession/healthcare card holders.

$200 for prep,
    $150 for years 1-6,
    $300 for year 7 &
    $250 for year 8 onwards until the child turns 16:

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/scho...Pages/ema.aspx

​There's also a list of 124 types of financial assistance/grants available in VIC: http://www.vic.gov.au/grants.html?type=assistance includes things like 25% discount for under 26s renewing their licence if they haven't incurred any demerit points in the past 3 years, free myki + weekend travel for centrelink carer payment recipients, $700 discount on gas heater installation for concession card holders etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ema - educatition maitence allowance for Victorians is good if your on a hcc, we were told by the school in Dec that it's happening this year but they were not sure about 2015. Everybit adds up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing