+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I've joined the Smith Family Saver Plus program. Each fortnight for 10 months I put $25 into an ANZ account that earns interest and has no fees. The Smith family will match dollar for dollar up to $500 over a 10 month period. It's to encourage budgeting and saving. The $500 they give you is to be used towards schooling (anything from excursions, uniforms, book lists, iPads) and obviously you can use your money on what you'd like or even just keep saving (which is what I plan to do) and if you choose to continue with the account you can keep it fee free and earning interest. The interest is higher is you don't make any withdrawals. I treat it as a bill and I don't even notice the money not there. Once my youngest starts school I'm going to continue to deposit the amount I pay for his daycare fees currently.

My 10 months ends in April so I'll receive $500 then. My DS's birthday is at the end of April so he'll be getting an iPad that I don't have to pay for. I could never afford such an extravagant gift as a single mummy. I'm very excited for him. I'll use the remainder of the money to buy the next size up in uniforms (so they are there for when he needs them). I think I have to spend it all at once and show proof??

If you have a healthcare card or pension card, have some form of income, have a child in school and live in an area where Saver Plus is delivered then you could be eligible.
    Hello did you have to do the 10hr workshop? I have 4 kids and no babysitters so if I was to go I would have to take my kiddies lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Yeah I think they are. I wouldn't go in expecting to get heaps out them but over time you can accumulate a bit.

My opinions can be linked to rewards central so your points can be transfered over. So you can do surveys, click on advertisements, play games (not very exciting ones), shop online, and the likes. You earn points that you can bank and earn interest on or reedem for actual cash, donate to charity, giftcards, etc.

Wdyt isn't too bad. I find it doesn't take too long to earn enough for a $20 gift card and I don't even log on that reguarly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I agree that you can't go into them expecting too much but if you sign up to a few different ones and do the surveys as they come daily then you can earn rewards pretty quickly! I've earnt a few hundred dollars in the last few months and you can usually get them in coles/myer or woolworths gift cards so can even use them towards groceries if you want.
    The ones I'm joined up to and that I have found the best (I've pretty much tried them all haha!)
    Valued opinions - they give you a dollar amount for every survey eg. $2.50 so it doesn't take too long to get to 20.
    My survey - I've been with them for years and have gotten hundreds in gift cards over the years.
    Wdyt - I have only been with them a few months and already got a few $20 gift cards.
    Global test market - I have got quite a few gift cards from them and I think they even have an app so it's easier.
    Opinionworld - it seems to take longer to accumulate points but have gotten a few gift cards over the years.
    My opinions - seem alright but I hardly get survey invites so it's going to take a while to accumulate points.
    Rewards central as a pp said too!

Also some of the surveys are completely boring and seem stupid so you have to push through. My husband signed up to one of them for a day, got his first survey and couldn't get through it because he doesn't have the patience!
    I've also had really different ones too. One sent me a tv show to watch I had to analyze the ads in between. One sent me a diary to record my cleaning habits for a week. Another was going to send a weeks worth of nappies to try but I hadn't had my baby yet so I screened out of that one. So sometimes they can be different but mostly they can be a bit boring!
    Sorry for the novel haha but a lot of people think it's not worth it but I definitely think it is, I just sit down most nights when I'm watching tv and do them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In qld if you buy woolies gift cards and show your racq card you get 5% off. Use those to buy groceries . Set budget and discount .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

PrincessPud  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your credit card has a rewards program use it for all purchases and just transfer the money onto the card at the end of the month.

Usually by the end of the year we have enough points to get gift cards that we use to buy Christmas presents and have go for a splurge at the sales.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I agree that you can't go into them expecting too much but if you sign up to a few different ones and do the surveys as they come daily then you can earn rewards pretty quickly! I've earnt a few hundred dollars in the last few months and you can usually get them in coles/myer or woolworths gift cards so can even use them towards groceries if you want.
    The ones I'm joined up to and that I have found the best (I've pretty much tried them all haha!)
    Valued opinions - they give you a dollar amount for every survey eg. $2.50 so it doesn't take too long to get to 20.
    My survey - I've been with them for years and have gotten hundreds in gift cards over the years.
    Wdyt - I have only been with them a few months and already got a few $20 gift cards.
    Global test market - I have got quite a few gift cards from them and I think they even have an app so it's easier.
    Opinionworld - it seems to take longer to accumulate points but have gotten a few gift cards over the years.
    My opinions - seem alright but I hardly get survey invites so it's going to take a while to accumulate points.
    Rewards central as a pp said too!

Also some of the surveys are completely boring and seem stupid so you have to push through. My husband signed up to one of them for a day, got his first survey and couldn't get through it because he doesn't have the patience!
    I've also had really different ones too. One sent me a tv show to watch I had to analyze the ads in between. One sent me a diary to record my cleaning habits for a week. Another was going to send a weeks worth of nappies to try but I hadn't had my baby yet so I screened out of that one. So sometimes they can be different but mostly they can be a bit boring!
    Sorry for the novel haha but a lot of people think it's not worth it but I definitely think it is, I just sit down most nights when I'm watching tv and do them.
    Thanks for that I had given up on them as I was with my opinions and wasn't getting anywhere but might try a couple that you mentioned I don't want to make a heap of money but a couple of gift vouchers here and there wouldn't hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who subscribes to online competition sites and has won a lot of free stuff. She sells the stuff she doesn't need on ebay. I think they take a bit of effort & creativity though (e.g. "in 20 words or less..." )

"...dreaming of a belly full of life"
    Last edited by Funchu; 30-10-2013 at 06:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I know someone who subscribes to online competition sites and has won a lot of free stuff. She sells the stuff she doesn't need on ebay. I think they take a bit of effort & creativity though (e.g. "in 20 words or less...")

"...dreaming of a belly full of life"
    I did this for 12 months and I won a few things. X box Kinect pack, movie tickets and other things. It was great, but to win the big stuff you do really need to be original and creative.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Hello did you have to do the 10hr workshop? I have 4 kids and no babysitters so if I was to go I would have to take my kiddies lol.
    I think it would really depend on who you're local worker is. The one for the area I'm in is really flexible. I ended up going to 2 fairly short days at the local TAFE run over the school holidays. It's really informal. Lots of games and what not. They even buy you lunch at the end..lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone please elaborate on the whole paying everything on your credit card thing and receiving rewards? Which is a good CC? DH hates CCs so need to sell this to him 😜 Great tips everyone btw!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are so many credit card rewards programs out there- most major credit cards would be linked to one. I have an NAB credit card which is 'velocity rewards'. I like it because I can use the rewards for supermarket vouchers (I use Coles), but you can use it for flights etc (I never fly anywhere!). Also, because I shop at Coles, I use my credit card AND present my flybuys card so I am getting 2 sets of rewards (velocity and flybuys). I always redeem flybuy rewards for flybuy dollars. I pay for everything on credit card, then pay it off right away. I am always surprised at how often I get to cash in my rewards.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Muzzamum  (31-10-2013)