Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive got nothing to be excited about really now. Went and paid off some of baby layby as it was due certainly wasnt happy this time. Told DH to tell his mum now i wont be at xmas again as she will not be happy as its 2 yrs in a row ive refused to come see them as its too tiring i only.get 3 hrs sleep for whole day if i want to see my parents for a short period and cant do another big dinner in a short time span so i just wont see them till aftet new years. instead dh has slept all day while i havent been able to. Not even happy now for my trip up to qld even though have looked forward to this for 3 months now i couldnt care less if we didnt go except the flights and accommodation have cost so much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Ive got nothing to be excited about really now. Went and paid off some of baby layby as it was due certainly wasnt happy this time. Told DH to tell his mum now i wont be at xmas again as she will not be happy as its 2 yrs in a row ive refused to come see them as its too tiring i only.get 3 hrs sleep for whole day if i want to see my parents for a short period and cant do another big dinner in a short time span so i just wont see them till aftet new years. instead dh has slept all day while i havent been able to. Not even happy now for my trip up to qld even though have looked forward to this for 3 months now i couldnt care less if we didnt go except the flights and accommodation have cost so much.

Try to focus on the good things: ul b going on maternity leave soonish xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Channy finding it so hard. DH doesnt get it he doesnt work xmas never has. Has said why dont i take the extra week of leave and we can do xmas then i said no i want to spend the real xmas with my family who all work besides my dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a doctor myself, I have worked many, many Christmases also. And have never had a choice. Unfortunately, people still get sick over the holidays. It is part of our job, it's what we signed on for.
    You have the choice to resign and lose Maternity Leave. That's it. Being miserable and unhappy wont change the situation. I know how hospitals work...they won't change the roster. Yes it sucks. But for your sanity, make the decision either way.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    As a doctor myself, I have worked many, many Christmases also. And have never had a choice. Unfortunately, people still get sick over the holidays. It is part of our job, it's what we signed on for.
    You have the choice to resign and lose Maternity Leave. That's it. Being miserable and unhappy wont change the situation. I know how hospitals work...they won't change the roster. Yes it sucks. But for your sanity, make the decision either way.

J I was just thinking about you yesterday. How r u going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi J 🙋

Thanks
    Reviews

I have no choice I will work it but will contact the head of the company when i resign after maternity leave payments have stopped as I have found out now that 2 of the rehab nurses have also been discriminated against as their num refuses to let them off or approach other staff to work it. It is because we work nights and 4 of us applied for leave between last november and december and due to policy we are not meant to be in the building.

My other reasons for not wanting to work this year specifically is that last year i worked 2 weeks alone with no help and 16 heavy medical patients i had to do full sling lifts without help when dementia patients climbed out of bed and full cares to palliative patients that is very heavy work. I was promised I would have help then to save money the EEN who works with me was cancelled most days before our shift. Due to 2 previous strokes in the past of unknown origin my boss knows I am being monitored and am at high risk of another as I had quite strong and lasting effects from the last one for 2 years my boss knows this and there is a lot of stress being in charge of a small country type hospital as one of only 3 RN's for a night shift. If patients are really sick we have to ring an ambulance to transfer to the big public ED as we cannot treat them we have on call drs but they will only give advice over the phone they will never come in to review a sick patient between 10pm and 8am regardless of how sick they are. Only myself and 1 other night RN are trained in advance life support which scares both of us as legally if someone arrests we must start CPR before any transfers obviously because we want them stable and would never hang around and wait for an ambulance when we should be saving someones life so there are 2 RN's and only 1 EEN competent to assist in this. I don't trust my boss when she says i won't be working alone as that happened last year and I wasn't then waiting on surgery to have my gallbladder out, at risk of stroke or at risk of prem labour due to previous surgery for cervical cancer ( she doesn't know about that as there aren't many people outside of my family and 4 close friends and dh that know I had it).

I've never held it against patients I usually always go in costume or something fun at xmas time and make it a really special time for them. I have some great night colleagues too and at least 1 of them is an old Midi/NICU nurse so she likes to keep an eye on me and my bump

The company will at some point get in trouble for things they have been doing as they played the nasty before my wedding as well when they knew in advance but didn't want to upset staff and make them do night shift. My boss also assumed I would ask my gp for clearance to work up till 37-38 weeks at work and was hoping i would so she would not have to arrange staff to do my shifts till April. By the award we are not allowed to work past 34 weeks so my OB and GP have written my form out stating i cannot work past 33 weeks I'm happy with that. Think I'll go back to working in public hospitals after this or maybe do some agency and not be linked to anywhere specifically when i have to go to work and have less stress.

Hop everyone is having a lovely weekend, I am happier today managed some sleep and off to QLD in about 2 hrs sadly its raining here and there but hope it settles off tomorrow at least I want to use my new swimmers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gee wobbler sounds like quite the situation! Not much longer to go and much better things to look forward to - for me 3 weeks and counting!
    I work in federal government and it's a horrible nightmare at the moment. None of us are losing our jobs but we have no money to put into projects to give us work to do. Leaves us all sitting around on google quite bored - sounds like bliss but then the politics and office snitching/bullying starts not making it a very pleasant environment.
    But I refuse to let it get me down, in less than 8 weeks we will be meeting our little prince or princess!
    Keep your chin up x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobbler, at the end of the day if you have your own medical issues which may put you, and hence your baby, at risk, and you don't trust your NUM to provide adequate staffing and/or back-up, then resign. Maternity Leave is all very well, but at what cost? As a doctor, I was never entitled to Maternity Leave, despite working 10+ years. Our profession simply does not cater for it. Had to make huge financial sacrifices, but I have 2 beautiful babies. All worth it.
    J x.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Pinkblue  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

hows everyone going?

Can't believe its December already and that I'm next to have my baby! Eep. 38+5 here, got my midwife appointment tomorrow and hoping bub arrives pronto!

i'm in a nesting mood today haven't had one since 2nd trimester so cleaning like a mad woman haha.

hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancies xx