Closed Thread
Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    I'm a registered nurse. Now will be working xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day so getting to see none of my family really at all. I was offered the week before xmas off i said no thanks dont bother. She acted like she had done something thoughtful for me and asked why not i asked for leave and she was offering it I said i wanted time with my family i asked for that more then 12 months ago. She sees no difference in which days i take off except i wont be celebrating xmas a.week early dh will also be working. She said she'd speak with rehab num she knows im angry but is offering little help at this point except prioritising everyone else to have time.off and offering me pathetic days off.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hey wobbler are you a union member? If you call them in they usually go in and will argue with them for you, or you could maybe even pull the 'your discriminating against me because I'm pregnant' card. My hubby is an industrial officer for a union and he tells me all their tricks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have dealt with nurses union before as have others I know and they can be pretty pathetic for the money they cost you get very little help at all so dont waste my money anymore. She knows she can treat me bad if i resign because of this i wont be entitled to any maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awful at least you have the worlds best sick day excuse ever - pregnancy!! I'd get a certificate for Christmas Day at least!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Oh you poor thing, I have a family full of nurses who have experienced years of this I hp there is something that can be done x
    I have only had 1 whole xmas period off since finishing highschool so 1 out of 13 yrs regardless of where ive worked ive always been on since ive never had kids. Now being a nightshift worker its allowable to discriminate against you because noone else will do nights or should be forced to if they dont want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have only had 1 whole xmas period off since finishing highschool so 1 out of 13 yrs regardless of where ive worked ive always been on since ive never had kids. Now being a nightshift worker its allowable to discriminate against you because noone else will do nights or should be forced to if they dont want to.

that's awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    That's awful at least you have the worlds best sick day excuse ever - pregnancy!! I'd get a certificate for Christmas Day at least!!
    NO i've been told im working thats it so she'd put in my record and use it against me since i asked for leave and was denied it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you had a doctors certificate, she couldn't do anything about it. I'm sure the stress isn't good for the baby, see if ob will give you a certificate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    If you had a doctors certificate, she couldn't do anything about it. I'm sure the stress isn't good for the baby, see if ob will give you a certificate
    I agree with this.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    She can as it would be obvious it was done on purpose i have been denied leave so you cant chuck a sickie or find a reason to have the date off anyway. She knows im at risk of stroke, need surgery and its none of her business but prior surgery for cervial ca also leaves me at heightened risk for prem labour and other problems. Its noones business there i had ca i dont talk about it at work my old boss who is the DDON knows all of these problems and used to be caring and let us come over to her place to talk about stuff. Doubt she even remembers because being caring and letting me have one day off with my family still cant happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She can as it would be obvious it was done on purpose i have been denied leave so you cant chuck a sickie or find a reason to have the date off anyway. She knows im at risk of stroke, need surgery and its none of her business but prior surgery for cervial ca also leaves me at heightened risk for prem labour and other problems. Its noones business there i had ca i dont talk about it at work my old boss who is the DDON knows all of these problems and used to be caring and let us come over to her place to talk about stuff. Doubt she even remembers because being caring and letting me have one day off with my family still cant happen.

Aww u are way too nice! I'd do it on purpose knowing that she will know it's not real but with a certificate can't say boo!
    Just think about the end of the tunnel.. Mat leave and your bub