Closed Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ann17. I'm sure we'll get through it... It's just going to take a bit of healing We saw the counsellor yesterday and whilst i'm happy we're going to continue with ivf at this stage, i need to decide what is the end. A few more sessions with the counsellor & follow up with fs & i hope to have the answer.

everyone

Can i ask .... Who has managed to have a pregnancy with their own eggs post 40?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Threegoes For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread for a while now and am inspired by all of you. I've been hesitant to post as I'm so inconsistent with my participation. However the question re: babies from own eggs at 40+ prompted me to post. I am 40 and have one DD, we had a miscarriage last year and have had no luck conceiving since. We were going to do ICSI with PGD last year but couldn't come up with the funds so hopefully we will get there soon. I keep a list of friends and friends of friends who have had babies at 40 + to keep me going - currently I have 6 immediate friends who have had healthy, term babies (this is a big factor for me as our DD was a micro prem) with they're own eggs, and 5 more distant people I know in the same situation. I look at this list often to remind me that is is possible and there is a growing number of us out there. In saying that I am under no illusions that time is my enemy and am crossing everything that IVF will work for us when we finally get there.

Mrs Mac - I have shed many a tear for you this week. You have worked so hard, I really hope this is the year a baby comes into your life - as I do for all you ladies in this thread.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Min For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear your news MrsMac :-(.

ThreeGoes, great question! I really look forward to hearing the answers. I'm glad to hear that you're continuing with the IVF.

Hi to everyone else too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes i have a friend who had her baby dd last year at 41 naturally concievied. She got of the pill after many years and fell pregnant immediately. She didnt want it in the beginning - as she has 2 Ds 1 dd all late teens.
    I remember i met her last year just before doing cycle 4/5 and she wasnt happy being utd. She didnt know that i had been struggling for yrs let alone doing ivf. I was trying so hard not to cry while encouraging her. I then dropped her off for her morph scan in the same street i was going the following day to my fs for starting my cycle. I rang dh who was in overseas and was beside myself (finally) that evening. I just cldnt understand how does someone get pregnant so easily without wanting to and here we are. I met her this week and bubs is absolutely gorgeous! Dh played with her too and then when they left he said to me do you remember that day when you cried so much. I have tears just typing this now and remembering the pain and sadness of longing for a baby that we all know just to well. It is quite possible to have a baby after 40, i have an aunt who had dd at 46! Naturally too! But for me after 5 bfns and 5 yrs of trying i just wanted to hold that baby and fs said i had better chances with de esp i have two children naturally and didnt have any complicated history. But as you know you have to try with your eggs be satisfied before you embark on de journey. I Hope you and dh find your way soon. X Ann

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-01-2014),mrsmac123  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann thankyou for your kind words and I have been wondering how you were going as I remember the early days of your pregnancy when I first started coming here...I cannot believe you are nearly 6 months along but then again my younger sister is now about 5 weeks to go. It sounds like you and DH are really enjoying being pregnant and that is fantastic.

Threegoes I have been wondering the same thing about pregnancy with your own eggs over 40. My mother had 1 at 40 at 100+ kgs, she fell pregnant while still breastfeeding the previous one. Her friend had one as well after tubal ligation reversal. Only just 40 though. Its interesting that in a conversation with fertility nurse she said chances are better if you have had a previous successful pregnancy but I dont know why this is..she kind of went hrrrm at me when I said I had none. I have had so many pple tell me they know of 40+ mothers but as a percentage of the population of actual 40+ year olds it is probably not that high. Also I have corrected a lot of pple who just dont know that women who are 45 or over almost undoubtedly are not using their own eggs. Its one of the things I have to point out when pple say....oh dont be so negative there are heaps of 45 year olds having babies you are young!

Ms Min welcome and that is a great way to keep hope alive especially knowing their actual age because it seems the women I have heard of mostly would have been 39 when they fell pregnant 40 at birth...not 41 still trying to start. It is so very compassionate of you to have shed tears for me someone who you dont know. I really am feeling sorry for myself but busy enough so that I can kind of push it out... the pple in my close family are very devastated because they are all rooting for me but I think they are more devastated because they were all so blindly optimistic. For me...thats the 5th time in my life I have been pregnant for a total of 2 weeks...if I focus hard enough I can almost blot out the 2 weeks I look forward to hearing about your journey.

For me right now...still nothing, not a drop of spotting, boobs still sore, tummy still feeling odd. When is nature going to start taking its course so I can get on with things. A tiny bit of me is wondering if I o'd later and was not so far along and the sonographer made a mistake. I really didnot have much spotting that prompted me to go there just that its always bad....GP said I might not have any bleeding in the end but I dont understand as I would at least have the lining from missed AF? Every other time I have this early like a long af

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 22-01-2014 at 19:38.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-01-2014),Ms Min  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes, maybe you should ask the question in one of the pregnancy threads. I know there is one for over 40's pregnant women. We're mostly all still here on this thread as we haven't quite achieved it yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac i know what you mean by not over 40 and coming to terms with 41!! I am still stuck at 39! Also so need to fix my sig i will be 42 this year!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrsmac, have you considered testing for autoimmune issues or nk cells? There is a really interesting book called is your body baby friendly by dr beers. It talks about issues women have with implantation and miscarriage. It might be worth looking in to? You may find you don't need to spend the money on ivf, just treatment to help you keep the pregnancy.

There is a cpl of threads in the ivf section on nk cells and immune issues, if you want to have a look.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I know quite a few over 40s pg with their own eggs. I think their stories are encouraging but also wonder if they are exceptions rather than the rule.

My cousin did a number of rounds of IVF, gave up, got rid of her baby stuff, then fell pg naturally at 42. One of my bf tried for 7 years naturally for #3 then fell pg at 43 and another friend fell pg naturally at 45 after 10 years of hoping for #2. She thought she was having early menopause! Dh's aunt had her only child naturally at 48!

I certainly think it's possible and all hope is not lost but these people had mostly moved on and assumed it was never going to happen and were ok with that (And nearly all already had a child who they had also struggled for). I think that is different to waiting desperately for a child. Most of these people never considered fertility treatment so who knows what issues they may have been dx with. It's such a hard decision to make about donor, keep trying, giving up....I really hope that those facing this are able to find peace in whatever decision they make xx.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (23-01-2014),mrsmac123  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of the natural killer cells I might look into it now thanks for the suggestion chiefsgirl

Octoberbaby I understand what you mean, thats what I believe the over 40s own eggs are an exception to the rule...not that it cant happen but they are outliers on the statistics and flukey...saying if it happens it happens, or blindly believing it will happen can have you miss the boat...thats why im trying to decide if I even bother to waste time naturally even for 2 cycles. I am pretty negative with ttc...I think it reduces devastation.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 24-01-2014 at 03:42.