Closed Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Twocam - nice work there - happy shopping ! Am I reading that u got BFP your first cycle?
    Yes Butterfly, that's right. Because of our age and the fact both DH and I have fertility issues, we were given a 5% chance of it working. We did the cycle, got 6 eggs and only 1 made it to 5-days. So we transferred that 1 and went home thinking "well that's it, we're failures at IVF, time to move on" (we have 2 adopted kids so we would have been okay if it didn't work). You could have knocked me down with a feather when (a) I was pregnant and (b) it managed to stick Probably why I'm so disorganised (very unlike me) as I'm still finding it hard to comprehend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another question...how does it work if you need to have blood tests every day? If I live 2+ hours from clinic can you get that kind of thing done via gp or pathology closer?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam it is great to hear about your success it is an inspiration. May I ask what in particular were your issues...aside from having geriatric eggs. I just really like to hear every bit.

I might add my 89 year old grandpa has been in hosp with a brain bleed for 1.5 weeks, up until that time he was still driving, running 2 houses, his and his girlfriends. Now the bleed has affected his walking a bit and he has taken great offence at now being sent to the geriatric rehab centre!!! I said to my mum...what age exactly does he think geriatric is?

Butterfly sounds like you have recovered well and...forgot what else have to reread what you said..doh

Afm I spent nearly the whole day in bed with hotwater bottle moaning with af thurs, never had anything like it..I just hope thats not how my cycle is going to be from now on. I wish that was an indication of your body full of womanly hormones just begging for a baby. Just concentrating on exercising and food right now biding time. Lost about 6kg...in about 5 weeks but need to lose another 18 ...eek...did zumba this mornin cant say it excited me!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac I lived 3+hrs from our clinic & had the bloods done locally. My clinic were happy with that, provided the lab faxed them the results by 3pm so they could look at them.

As for our story - DH had low sperm count and then, among the limited number of swimmers he had very poor morphology. There was lots of swimming in circles !!! He was able to improve both factors a little through cutting out drinking, improving his diet and taking Menevit. But combined with my borderline AMH and 'non-specific' fertility issues (they couldn't find anything wrong but I just couldn't get pregnant), we weren't left with many options.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA... I have some reading to do to catch up on what is happening with everyone.

Good luck on the 25th Em...

Panda - how are you doing?

Spring - when is your BT?

Twocam - I am being told that I have "non-specific" infertility...so many tests, they cannot find anything...my amh is 11 so I think that is normal...it gives me hope that you were successful...

MrsMac - great work on the weight loss..keep it up - it will make you feel better about yourself and I am sure it will help with getting pregnant too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, I hope you're feeling a bit better today, and the discomfort is easing. for your BT.

Angelmama, hope this is the one

Mrs P, hope that you've now had a smooth start to your meds for this cycle.

Twocam, glad to hear things are moving along. Hope you enjoy shopping for bub.

Luca for some good growth and hopefully some new ones will pop up too.

Kenta, hope your scan went well.

Butterfly, great to hear you are feeling better and getting back to your usual self. Thanks for the article link, very interesting.

MrsMac, hope you will be able to have your BTs done locally. Well done on the weight loss

MrsErinR, Stillhope, Myheart, Panda, Bertie, Fingers, Stillhope, Octoberbaby, Tinybaby and everyone else.

AFM - started to feel like my old self again yesterday, and no surprise, AF showed up last night First time I've ever felt like I actually wanted AF to show up.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-10-2013),Kenta  (22-10-2013),mrsmac123  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gah ladies, can someone tell me why a (mostly) normal, sane woman would POAS when pregnyl is still in her system?? I swore I wasn't going to do it, but then I had 'just one FRER left so why not' and I tested out the pregnyl last cycle so I have a 'vague' idea when it will be out of my system fully. So I started testing on Sunday 11DPO... waaaay too early and not surprisingly BFP. Soooo I just happened to be in the city for work yesterday walking past a Priceline where FRER's are cheaper than most places so 'I may as well get some for my FET cycle'... so yeah 3 packets later I'm holed up in the bathroom at home. My name is Emma and I'm a POAS addict.
    So now I'm comparing my photos of my pee sticks from last cycle with Pregnyl to this cycle - I swear my iphone is full of pregnancy test photos!

But I gotta say ladies - this cycle is looking much better...and they seem to be stronger this time around. Tomorrow will be the real test though as last time my BFP's dropped off at 14 DPO so we'll see.

See what happens when DH goes away for 4 days? Left to my own devices I'm peeing on every stick in the house.

Springy I'm feeling much better since Sunday - was crook all day Friday with those leg cramps - DH said I was white as a ghost. Saturday I had all those crappy torso cramps and then Sunday right as rain (maybe even Springrain!)... so who knows. I don't have any ailments now - had itchy nipples last night but I think I'm grasping at straws here. lol. My boobs aren't even that sore any more ... just tender.

Myheart I'll be interested to hear what's involved with TWEB if you don't mind telling us about it here and how you go with the process? As you know I'm looking down the donor path too.

Twocam - I went back and stalked you in our old thread to see if you had any EPS's in your BFP cycle - but you didn't! As you can tell, I've had a bit of time on my hands over the weekend. I also realised how many ladies have dropped off from our thread... what happened to FleurL? Hello if you still read along.

Anyway - I better actually do some work... I have to go back into the city - spare me from Priceline please!

If tomorrow my tests are still looking promising I might post a piccie for all your expert opinions.

Em x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Emski I remember last time you were POASing and they were getting lighter. I really hope there has been some embryo attachment action down there for you this time. I must say with me I only POAS 2 or 3 cycles because I hated seeing that one solitary line. It became too depressing, so swore off them.
    By the way itchy nipples is good. I wasnt sure if I was imagining it at the time but my boobs were having weird little pulls. Not frequently mind you, just occasionally but I tried ignoring it as didnt want to get my hopes up too high. I so hope you get there this time. you deserve it as does everyone in here.
    Im not into baby dust, but Im going to baby dust you away

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em, Glad to hear you're feeling better. Symptoms sound promising, hope that this is the one

Myheart, this was a freeze all, so no BT for me, at least until I do a FET or another stim...

Hope Tuesday is working out well for everyone

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lol Panda I'm taking all that dust and running with it!