Closed Thread
Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    MrsMac,

I was told to avoid as many chemicals as possible in the first trimester - I too had hideous regrowth when I finally got UTD and was regretting not colouring my hair before my cycle started! I wouldn't do the nail thing personally... so many fumes, but everyone is different. I missed massages... I'll be spending two weeks before this donor cycle having my hair done, getting a massage and eating blue cheese and pate'!

Em x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-01-2014),mrsmac123  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac - Hopefully the 1st 12 weeks will pass quickly and you'll be back to your old self.

Bertie, best wishes for "the talk".....
    Last edited by SpringRain; 16-01-2014 at 08:37.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, while I haven't been posting I have been keeping on eye on you all and sending congratulations to all the lucky ladies with a BFP and my thoughts are with those who haven't got there just yet.

Just wanted to update where I am, after doing PGD testing of 9 embryos in November and finding only one normal embryo I am now ready for FET. I am booked in next Tuesday and in preparation I had an endometrial biopsy in December and I have been taking Prednisolone, low dose aspirin and will start taking clexane next week.

I think the genetic testing has clearly shown me that while all else seems to be going fine - producing good numbers of eggs, good fertilisation rates and making it day5, the one area I can't do anything about is age. Only 1 out of 9 was okay - but hopefully it was the golden egg.

I hope you are all managing to stay cool and hoping for some BFPs coming our way

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liveandlearn For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-01-2014),mrsmac123  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac123 View Post
    This morning trying to find out if its ok to paint my nails which is one thing I love...
    A couple of articles in different baby/parenting magazine have mentioned that Phylate-Free nail polish is safe to use. Have a look here for some ideas:

http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2013/0...e-nail-polish/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SpringRain... the "talk" with my sister went quite well - mind you we both ended up crying on our ends of the phone!!! She's still very happy to donate her eggs, and the boyfriend said he'll support whatever she decides (glad he went with that!!) DH is still a little reserved and likes the SA option, but I think we will at least get the ball rolling with FS and counselling appointments. It's hard to predict on any given day what's going to happen or not happen - need to take each day as it comes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Leomum  (15-01-2014),mrsmac123  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, great news! Hope that this next cycle is the key for you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam thanks for the link, I think I am just going to avoid it..alas my nails are quite nice at the moment but thats fine. I never used to think twice about the fumes until I met my hubby who has a real aversion to it can5 be anywhere near it.

Bertie great about the talk I am glad your sister is still on board. I can see how it is important to get the counselling going to get your head around it.

Liveandlearn best wishes for upcoming FET, one is all you need and you saved all that time by having them tested but it is a sad truth to realise.

I have been thinking about why I stopped the coq10 do you think I jumped the gun...has anyone actually been told by a FS either way? I dont know in some ways I feel like a fool for even thinking i might get halfway in the 1st trimester especially after reading liveandlearns post but I would never forgive myself if I did and did not take care it just means thinking about it constantly...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie that's great news! What a great sister.
    Liveandlearn congratulations on having that one emby ready to go. Very exciting times for you.
    mrsmac I stopped my high dose cq10 on getting my bfp. Also stopped high dose everything else.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2014),mrsmac123  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats MGC :-). Looking forward to hearing how your sister cycle goes!

Liveandlearn, did you do embryo banking to have those 9 to test? I'm really interested in your experience as we are looking at going to DE now but our FS wants us to do another stim, I assume because I also get good egg numbers. I'm sceptical that there are any good ones though. Fingers crossed that your good embie does what it's supposed to!

Good news here this week is that I have got an appointment in early feb with our FS to go through results from D&C and to plan for the future. So not too far away. Second good news is that AF came along at just over 3 weeks from the D&C so I'm closer to our next cycle than I anticipated. Probably be looking at our FET in late Feb now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI MrsErinR I hope your FS appointment in Feb goes well.

In answer to your question I have done two stim cycles. The first (age 41) I got six 5day embryos, resulting in one fresh transfer and two FET. The three frozen embryos from the first cycle were batched with the six 5day embryos I got in my second stim cycle (age 42) allowing us to send 9 embryos for genetic testing. The cost is the same for 1-8 embryos (~$3500) and we only had a to pay a little extra for the 9th embryo - so much better financially if you can batch them.

One of the thoughts about doing a few stims now is that it will hopefully give you some good embryo reserves. That is, if one embryo was good and you did fall pregnant you would be waiting over year if you wanted to try for another baby - another year for your eggs to get older. The problem about having a baby as we age is not actually carrying a pregnancy but the quality of our eggs wish sadly are deteriorating with age

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liveandlearn For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-01-2014),mrsmac123  (17-01-2014)