Closed Thread
Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsMac congrats on the scan result, FX and sending sticky thoughts! My DH has poor morphology (at different times ranging from 4-6%) and that is why we needed to do IVF, as we had only managed on BFP on our own in several years of marriage. FS said his samples were like a swimming pool of one-armed swimmers all going in circles (DH's have deformed tails = can't swim straight). Yes there were a few good swimmers in there but they were stuck in the crowd and unable to get to the egg. But processing the sperm for IVF they wash away the malformed ones.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What im worried about is one of those deformed sperm got to the egg but the point is more that they cant get there? I guess thats natural selection at its best. The FS was going on about 2 headed ones. He did say it probably would not be an issue when the count itself is so high...dont remember the numbers but he said along the lines of...1% of 50 billion for a round figure? is still a lot of good ones in there...DH didnt bat an eyelid or stop drinking last night as far as hes concerned theres proof theres enough there :what:

I was hung up on the amh figure when I first started ttc and im pleased its doubled but yes have become more hung up on the quality...but if its meant to measure ovarian reserve and you have a finite number at birth how can it fluctuate? Anyway I was taking coq10..on my 3rd month...and maybe my diet/weight improvements...mum was thinking maybe it was my state of mind too...I was very depressed b4 I worked up the courage to ask dh if we could try one last time. I stopped the coq10 about a week ago as too much unknown about it after bfp

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 14-01-2014 at 05:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes I hope you are not doing too badly today and DH has taken on amore supportive role.., im thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac..... about 6 months ago they changed how AMH was calculated. My AMH also went up (just a little) from when I'd had it tested 12 months ago, so I queried it, and that's what they said, so don't worry about the previous number.

What have you heard about COQ10 after BFP? I haven't heard anyone mention that before.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 14-01-2014 at 19:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes, hope your DH is being a more supportive today.

Bertie, how are you going?

MrsMac, hope things are going well today.

twocam, things are getting close, I'm sure your little guy is getting ready to meet you

Em, Panda, Octoberbaby, and everyone else.

AFM - day 6 report today - this cycle has been a complete dud from my point of view, compared to previous ones, no more embies suitable to biopsy/freeze. I am grateful that I've been lucky so far to have had great cycles, so feel even worse that I'm just disappointed. I will be seeing my FS in a few weeks to discuss next steps. I'm hoping that if I do more cycles they won't all be dud, but I don't feel particularly confident at the moment, just really disappointed.
    Last edited by SpringRain; 14-01-2014 at 15:36.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is really disappointing Springy, particularly as you had agood number to start with

Thanks
    Reviews
    But.... it doesn't mean your one winner won't be a winner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. This is such a difficult journey, look after yourself. I'm sure your husband is finding this difficult too, men have a different way of dealing with the let downs.

Springrain at least you have one that looks really good.in my last cycle we were going to biopsy but I only ended up with 2 out of the 5 still growing by day 5. So no biopsy and they both went straight in as advised by the embryologist on the day. in the end one of those was the super strong emby I had been waiting for all this time.
    Mrsmac congratulations. All sounds like it's going well at this point. Yes I think the point with poor morphology is that the sperm cant get to the egg. I have a good feeling for you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SpringRain... I so hope that one is "the one", so you don't have to worry about the others that didn't make it. I was devastated when I had that cancelled cycle, so was secretly pleased when my next cycle did turn out a little better (well, still a BFN, so I guess really no different!!) My FS has said to me previously that even by doing exactly the same things in terms of drugs etc, each cycle is different and will produce different amounts of eggs and different qualities, so I guess each cycle is a chance.

AFM.... just keeping busy. Next step is to have "the conversation" with my sister about donating or not donating her eggs. Kind of nervous about it - I should just ring her and get it over and done with!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Springrain that is so disappointing what a difference a day can make it sounded good 24 hours ago

MGCBertie I didnt hear anything about COQ10...thats the main reason, its an unknown. I know its a natural thing in your body but as I guess I was taking it for my eggs I figured all that could be done for the egg by bfp was done. I am just afraid of everything really and I kind of figured my mum wouldnt have taken it. This morning trying to find out if its ok to paint my nails which is one thing I love...I have over 200 nail polishes...then I read to maybe avoid hair colour? Uggh ...I am very grey underneath and regrowth is gross

Bertie have the talk with your sis it will be so exciting to be atittering about it and thats basically setting the ball rolling again

Am jumping out of my skin...so much for... what will be will be... I just cant help it..I am pretty disappointed in myself for letting it creep in..yesterday I had really strong AF type aches at work and felt moist down there so I must have gone to the loo 20 times holding my breath. Dont know how im going to stay sane I guess time just goes by day by day. I know those symptoms are normal but thats also how MC always felt. It was this week last time.

Last edited by mrsmac123; 15-01-2014 at 06:42.