Closed Thread
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Springrain, that's a great haul! I just know the 'one' is there.

Has any of the mum to be's had or considered the harmony test? Is it right that it should be done at 10weeks? As far as i understand it, it can be done later but because the test is analysed o/s it takes a while for the redults to come back. If you have the nuchal scan at 13weeks, i'm thinking of getting the harmony at 10 so even if the results of the nuchal come back as high risk oir downs, i don't have to have the amniocentesis as the harmony results should be back by then. The thing that's making think about it is the $1200

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Threegoes For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (12-01-2014),SpringRain  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mrsmac123 there is also a new blood test out on the market called materniti or something like that. It is quite $$ around 750-1000 I think, but they say it can give you a 99% accuracy of downs and other trisomy issues, as well as gender and can be done at around 9-11 weeks.

@SpringRain - wow that is a hual! they keep growing nicely and you get some frosties too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Springy - hoping your fert rates are brilliant!

Threegoes/Mrs Mac - I think Chiefsgirl is talking about the same test. If you have the Harmony test you don't really need the other tests done as far as I knew as it's so accurate. It costs more though... http://www.monashultrasound.com.au/NIPT.html
    I was going to do it when I was UTD as it eliminated all doubt - DH's sister has quite severe downs so it's something he really wanted to know and was concerned about.
    Threegoes, yes I was told 10 weeks for getting it done. @Team panda had it I'm pretty sure, so she can probably shed more light.

Em x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (10-01-2014),SpringRain  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski.... just wanted to say that I just read your blog with great interest, and quite a few laughs!! What you say about joining the "monthly" threads is so true. I did that too, but in the last two cycles haven't bothered, as the odds were always that I was going to be the one with the BFN!!! Thanks again. I need to go and research CFC now and start the ball rolling :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes, we considered the blood test, it can be done from 10weeks and can also confirm the gender. Initially we decided against it due to cost. When we came back high risk from the nuchal, we talked about it again as we didn't want the invasive amnio. I wanted to do it for peace of mind but DH didn't want to know. Even though we were pretty set we wouldn't terminate he didn't even want to be in a position where we might consider it, hence nit knowing for certain. I struggled a bit with that, but knew if the 19 week scan showed markers that increased our risk, I would push to have it so I knew what we'd be dealing with. The price will definitely cine down as it becomes more common. Cost was certainly a factor.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We talked the testing over with our Dr but she wouldn't write the necessary referral letter to get it done, as she said the research shows too many false-positives. Our nuchal then came back as low risk so we didn't pursue it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-01-2014),mrsmac123  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam and Micca..... not long to go now for you two... how exciting xx
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 11-01-2014 at 10:35.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threegoes I did the Harmony test as I really wanted to avoid an amnio or cvs as I knew there was a high chance of the combined test coming back high risk due to the age factor. I'm very glad I chose to do it and would recommend it. Of course if this test comes back showing you have a high risk factor then you will be advised to have an amnio just to confirm what the issue is. Harmony is over 99% accurate as opposed to the Combined test of nuchal scan and blood test which can give a5% false positive and can be the cause of unnecessary amniio. If you come over to the ' Over 40 and pregnant' thread around pg 36/37 you can read over what was discussed.
    good luck Springrain I hope that you have the golden egg in that great haul of yours.
    To everyone! Hope this year brings a lot of good news in this thread.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (11-01-2014),SpringRain  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Sorry, not many posts from me lately. I've been so busy at work this week. It's a struggle just being back at work after the holidays! I've been reading along though.

Springrain, congrats on the fantastic fert rates. That is great news.

If/when we're pregnant again I'll definitely be having the Harmony Test or Maternity21 or one of those blood tests. I looked into it on our first pregnancy but then we didn't quite make it to that point. Although costly, well worth the money in my opinion. After everything we go through and spend, I didn't want to take any risks with a CVS or amnio unless the chances of a problem were high.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so basically what you are saying is the Harmony test is more reliable and less risks than the other way? Im a bit overwhelmed at the moment having trouble taking it in...I need to get past week 5 or 6 for the first time ever...starting to feel anxious about whats the outcome..no ectopic symptoms but that doesnt mean much. Not sure if I have a bit of MS or anxiety but I felt rotten yest, very dizzy and a hot face...tonight hot face and headache. I just hope its not too early to just see something I dont want to wait another week

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app