Closed Thread
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't have thought 2cm was massive. The one I had removed in 2004 was 13cm! I have others now and I know some are bigger than 2cm and my FS is not worried.

I think the clincher is the position of the fibroid and/or whether it is causing any issues like bleeding. It's great that you know about it and you can do something about it. Being small it is hopefully straightforward to remove too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac glad you seemed to get a good tech that gave you feedback as the scan was happening. FWIW I have two submucosal fibroids that were 2-3cm at the time of my BFP - one has grown significantly during pregnancy but luckily is at the back of the uterus and at the top, which is apparently the best place as it normally doesn't affect implantation.

Not sure about polyps and how they affect fertility but I previously had a pedunculated fibroid, which is a fibroid that hangs down into the uterus onto a 'stalk'. I was recommended to have it removed because it would have impeded the growth of any implanted embie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh thanks somuch for that personal info...I am a little unsure of what to do about it..I guess wait for the report for all info and I want to make sure I get a copy myself as I have had experience with docs...dumbing things down and not giving me all relevant info. How can you make a decision like that. I just dont want to get into cycling and find it is going to be an issue after bfns then have downtime to deal with it while im now twiddling my thumbs...I do worry about collateral damage while pple poke about in there since after my ectopics they say scar tissue also becomes an issue but I also know they can be easy to remove. Its one of those gambles I guess and it almost seems from doctor to doctor they have diff opinions

Interesting your FS isnot worried erin ...I am thinking I will see what gp says then fs and def go from there.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 23-11-2013 at 06:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on rising numbers MrsErinR, I understand how you must feel with the stress of the blood tests. My clinic doesn't do them am wondering if I will go to my gp for one or just wait till the scan? It seems to stress the ladies out so much!

Mrsmac, don't be down about your weight plateauing this week, that can, happen, especially around AF time, just get back on the exercise horse so to speak and it will be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    H

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry about that! Nothing to dance about.....oh except I woke up without a headache !

actually Erin I quickly popped in for you. It's not about hitting a certain no. re hcg, it's more about seeing your hcg no. is doubling within the correct timeframe. I think hcg is supposed to double (or there about) every two days. So that's how they keep track to see if things are progressing. It's stressful to wait for your results but it prepares you otherwise. How is your prog level? One thing in terms of scanning in very very early pregnancy (like 5/6 weeks) its hard to see much (I had several scanning done due to my early bleeds) nevertheless I still felt better when I had my scans done ESP after the heart beat was found regardless they could see much or not at least I had some consolation knowing it was ticking away and the heart rate, which you get to see between 6-7 weeks but the heart rate starts of slow and then goes up, it just depends when it starting beating and your scanning time. Going back to bts so they rely on hcgs to see if you are on track. But it really is up to you how you feel comfortable going forward. Personally I did both regular bts and scans just to see how I was faring, it's extremely stressful and til today I am still stressed to the point of working up a headache and feeling sick before my scans. Good luck and nice to see your bt is on the rise! You are pregnant lady !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac ... 2cm is regarded as a small fibroid... Mine was 12cm when I had it out and I still have several others the largest about 4.5cm... In your case it sounds like the money is going to be on getting your weight down and the intrauterine polyp out....

mrsErin - congrats on the pregnancy and I'm so happy that hcg is going up...

Emski - I really sympathise with you and the horrible wait you are having and not knowing what is happening... It's really really a hard thing to go through getting that elusive bfp and then wondering whether its going to happen or not... So frustrating ...

springy how are things going?

bertie - how r u doing ... Hope you are feeling better. The baby thing still gets me too... It's hard because I handle them all the time for my job.....

Panda, ann, sunny, twocam.. How's the pregnancies going ? I so look forward to reading your updates! I hope you realise we are going to want baby pics when they all hatch!

Chiefs ! Best of luck girl

To all ...
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 23-11-2013 at 09:29.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-11-2013),mrsmac123  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hello again ladies,

MrsErinR I hear you on the constant BT thing - I guess it's more for piece of mind - yours seem to be going in the right direction though so I think you can relax a bit! I was not getting anymore BT's once I had my scans started - I just couldn't face that as an added stress. If it's going backwards, I know that from my scan.
    I'm so pleased for you that your pregnancy is going in the right direction!

MrsMac - glad to hear that everything is looking ók in there! I understand you're nervous about the polyps and the fibroids, but as the others have said it sounds fairly straightforward and I guess the worrying never stops at any part of this journey.

Chiefs Girl how are you going? Kenta? MrsP?

Bertie how are you? I just realised for all this time I have been calling you MCG Bertie... sorry! Must be slightly dyslexic (and also from Melb where everyone is MCG obsessed).

Myheart - how are you going on your donor cycle with TWEB? I'm keen to hear your experiences and I'm sure we have a few lurkers who are too. You have chosen your donor right? How long do you have to wait for transfer etc.?

Springy how are you going? How was that seminar? I'd be interested to hear how it went. I was looking into Local Area infant adoption - but then found out the other night they won't consider anyone with a BMI higher than 25. Wow what a way to give the infertiles another kick in the guts (their over 25 BMI guts) that made me cry - I mean as if we haven't had enough set backs already. And after 6 rounds of IVF and steroids, possible depression etc. and all the weight gain that brings, to find this out it was something I didn't need to hear.

Threegoes

Maybe we need to update the roll call? I'm losing track of who is up to where! Anyone have any idea when the last one was done?

AFM - Just waiting for my scan on Monday to see if the heartrate has improved at all and if there has been any growth - I think I need a miracle between now and then for this to be a viable pregnancy and I am fully prepared that I may be looking at a D&C on Tues. I would just love some closure either way. In my head I'm already looking to the future.

A bit peed off that I don't think I can even do a FET until Feb/March... my FS is stupidly booked up and impossible to get into see - I tried to book a follow up appointment last week and can't get in to see her until Jan 22 to even discuss doing my FET.

I'm honestly thinking of doing a donor cycle first and saving our one frostie for use later if required. Not sure what the other half would think about that, but I just want to keep moving and I'm also petrified that one frostie won't thaw which would just be another bloody disappointment that I don't need.

Anyway - sorry I don't post big long posts much anymore, but I mainly use my tablet and it's a pain in the bum to type on.
    Get me on the laptop though (like now) and I blurt it all out!

Em xx
    Last edited by emski72; 23-11-2013 at 09:22.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-11-2013),mrsmac123  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck on Monday Em

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Twocam - that's what I ended up doing, having my frostie still on ice and ended up doing a donor cycle. Mainly for two reasons, the first being I was actually flying back to Aust so there's a lot involved in terms of planning and added finances plus trying to fit DH with his crazy duty travels and what if the only frostie didn't thaw! like you said what a bloody disappointment! And second after so much coordination flying in from overseas I wanted something more substantial of a chance to get that bfp. I was lucky that dh all for donor. Hopefully you won't need to consider that and your scan on Monday is promising.

Mrsmac- sorry I don't know much about fibroids or polyps but I have a friend who wasn't conceiving only to find out she had a polyp in her uterus, which she had subsequently removed and hey presto she fell preggers straight after though time was on her side back then.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (23-11-2013)