Closed Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs Erin - That's really good news. Sounds like that little emby is super strong and wants to stay around!
    Chiefsgirls-enjoy being Pupo during the 2 ww. I hope you have the golden egg there!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are FETs better? Is it because they are grown longer before frozen so by that stage the lesser ones have shown up? Only the best ones make it? (20 questions day)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, yes this one was a FET and I have also read that they can be a bit slow getting started.

MrsMac, my FS thinks FET is better just because your body has had a chance to return to normal after being on all the stim drugs of a full cycle. I did a transfer earlier in they year after a stim cycle and then regretted it. I had mild ohss but I was just desperate to get that embryo inside even though I wasn't well enough really. It didn't take obviously. The next month I got pregnant naturally and that got us thinking that maybe my body would respond better after calming down.

This embryo that has taken now is the second-best from that same cycle. It was B-grade and the other was A.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-11-2013),mrsmac123  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

I haven't been on this thread for a few months. I took a break after my miscarriage a few months ago. Anyway, my doctor just sent me for some blood tests and after all these years I have just found out that I have a defective MTHFR gene. This is a very common gene which can cause miscarriages. Just thought I would let everyone know in case it might help. xx
    Last edited by wanabemum; 21-11-2013 at 14:48.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-11-2013),Chiefsgirl  (21-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabe, good to see you back, glad to hear you've found out about the MTHFR so something can be done, but sorry to hear it has taken a while to find out. Have got everything crossed that now that this has been picked up and treated you get a sticky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies... Will do personals later, Just popping back in after a brief hiatus... reading and catching up on everyone's posts..

FINALLY got my AF after around 7 weeks ...pfffffft... :/ What a long drawn out process. FS thinks its enough time to wait and initially wanted to do a medicated frozen cycle but I was so surprised to see my period I forgot to start taking my meds (duh) so now he's going to scan me on Monday to see if ovulation is brewing and if maybe a natural frozen is on the cards... Wish me luck, team!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long time stalker - I have been cheering with the BFPs and commiserating with the BFNs. Thanks for sharing your stories and making me feel not so alone!

I have now come to the pointy end of my journey. Following my second ICSI cycle with PGD testing in October we got one normal embryo from six D5 blastocysts. We plan on doing a natural FET early February but I am left wondering about doing one more stim cycle before Christmas with the aim of having a reserve embryo. IF no stim cycle than it looks like we will head to Cape Town for an egg donor.

Our brief history, a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in 2000, one fallopian tube left that is 'tortuous but patent', AMH >30 so have PCO but not the syndrome, tried clomid for 3 months with no results, first stim cycle in April this year we got 6 D5 embryos, one transferred and 5 frozen, BFP but mc@ 6 weeks, two FET were BFN.

I really value all the ladies input - you all have been through this and more and I think only women who have gone through this process can truly understand how it feels - the continual emotional rollercoaster with no guarantees!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liveandlearn.

Given you have tested your embryos and know one is normal, does this not have a very good chance of working? Why are you waiting till February for FET? What do they do with the other 5 frozen that tested abnormal. We haven't done PGD as never had enough embryos to test and transferred them as the test anyway.

I think it's also ok to give it another shot if you can fit one by the end of the year if you want an extra.

Sounds like you are well planned on this journey.

Good luck whatever you decide as it's not easy these dilemmas to think through.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Liveandlearn  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi liveandlearn and wannabmum...good luck starting again butterfly

Im going for my US in about 2 hours to see what it looks like in there. Little embarrased...GP said I need to go 2 days after af finish well after last month them being booked out 2 weeks in advance and af stopping and starting for 11 days I tried to guess in advance this time...well now still spotting...im assuming it will be the dildo does it matter? I feel a bit embarrassed. It says on the referral checking for ovulation as well as other stuff I didnt think you could do this until after o day? As usual with the waiting...appt 3pm, they tell me I wont be able to find out anything until I see my gp and he wont have results until after 10am monday. Now I know this is nothing compared to what some of you girls are going through right now but grrrr I wanna know...good or bad good or bad...why does everything need you to wait..besides gp is just going to read what another doc wrote and what the radiologist saw,...its 3rd hand info and im last to know...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Kenta

Thanks for the feedback. You are right the one normal embryo has a great chance of success, I thought with the Christmas shutdown that I might have to wait but as it turns out I may be able to transfer before christmas - if AF arrives on time!

In regard to the five abnormal embryos it depends what you have agreed to before collection - either destruction or agreeing for them to be used for research purposes. I chose the research option with the hope that they will help the scientists with training or advances in methodology.

Still haven't decided 'to stim or not to stim' but now I have the weekend to think more about it.

MrsMac hope your scan went well - I don't think it would matter if you had spotting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Liveandlearn For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (22-11-2013)