Closed Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can anyone tell me what happens if you cancel a FET? I have paid the full fee (just under $3000) but its really looking like I am either not going to ovulate this month or I have ovulated and missed it which stuffs everything.

It was a natural fet so they didn't supply me any meds and haven't thawed the embryo yet. I haven't even had a blood test yet although I will be tomorrow so they can see if I have actually ovulated. I can see they have put time into coordinating some minor things. Will I get a decent amount of the money back? I don't think you can carry the fee over to another month sadly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd imagine it would carry over, but not sure - they can't really penalise you for not ovulating. They'll likely send you for a BT to see if you have. I sympathize, pee tests are rarely accurate for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - I've had 2 cancelled natural FET's. Each time the clinic charged only what the Medicare rate was, so I had nothing to pay out of pocket. They charged that fee to my credit card, then I got the full amount back from Medicare a few days later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having a BT tomorrow Emski, for exactly that reason. Normally I have no problems with the pee sticks though. I'm so totally baffled by what's going on with my body this month. Worst timing ever!

Thanks SpringRain, I'll be very happy if you're right but I have already been charged the full amount and I'm awaiting the Medicare rebate so that would mean they'd actually have to credit me some money for me to not be out of pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin I had an emby that didn't make the thaw and they only charged the Medicare rebate, as per springys similar situation .... It was really disappointing so I understand your being upset about it. X

emski lol I reread my post and yes skating could have been something else I guess . And yes DH is all 'skated out'

Thanks
    Reviews
    myheart so sorry for what you are going through ...even though it is not working out the way you would have liked hopefully you can still have a fat belly, feel the life growing inside and everything else that is part of being a mother

*hugs*

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm afraid today's news was not good. Our transfer has been cancelled for this month. Apparently I have already had an LH surge and ovulation but missed it with the OPK's.

So frustrating as I use OPK's every month and have never had an issue detecting the surge before. They think it was only recent but that's inexplicable to me as I've been testing about 4 times a day in the last few days!

Next month they will monitor me with blood tests to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So now I am starting my 6th month of waiting for a transfer since our M/C. :-(

Sorry, feeling very 'woe is me' today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Blah MrsErinR thats so annoying and disheartening, hang in there...

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys sorry I have been Mia for a bit, lots of reading up to do, lots of movememt on this thread !

Myheart - I really hope you have a good surprise come wed. But I know it's hard ESP when you have - hpt. So will you be looking at World Bank? How does it work and how much ?

Butterfly- you go girl! As you know this is not an easy journey and good on you for not making it harder for yourself and picking yourself up and just moving one foot in front of the other.

Em- your crazy tww starts now !! Gosh 2 blasties that's fantastic !! I was lucky to hv one blast tx in all my 5 stims, you shd be proud girl ! Even with this tx I had a cavitating morula and a morula, I was disappointed that I don't have a blast tx but hey they stuck and one expanded blast frozen on day 6. Good luck !

Panda- I guess it's all feeling real now huh ? It's great that your risks are low, what a relief !

Micca- team blue for you! Good to know things are going well for you. Sorry did you have any early bleeds? Do you find yourself eating for two ? I am always constantly nauseous but bearable and picks up after lunch so I have afternoon sickness. But I kinda don't mind as I want that reassuring feeling of being pregnant ! I just wondering did you feel your bubs "flickering " in the early days? I only 8 weeks but I have been feeling flicks separately both on my right and left side where they have implanted.

Mrs P- tick tock, tick tock....waiting.....!

Erin - was just wondering didn't your clinic closely monitor you through bts to keep am eye on your LH surge ? What a bummer for you, hope they sort out your refund as well.

Sunny- good to read your update and that you are doing fine. Hope there hasn't been anymore bleeds.

Springy - you did very well! good fert report. What is your amh ? Sorry are you having pgd?

Hello to everyone, sorry ladies I wrote a long post and sent it this morning but noticed its not there just now so a bit frustrated and so i am just sending through this version. Sorry for typos ! Everything is so far so good and one day at a time. Had a scan on sat and dh got to see the heart beats got the first time. He was sooooooo happy they he drove around in circles for a while before taking me to lunch !

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-10-2013),MrsPontipine  (15-10-2013),SpringRain  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin - wow u must be so frustrated. They can't charge you for a service they have not performed ie embryo tf so I would be asking them to refund that charge. I believe the cycle is divided into planning and then the tf itself. You pay for the planning only as that is the only service you received. Also, my clinic used bts as well as regular scanning to look for a dominant follie

Ann - good to hear from you . ....give DH a big old slap on the back - he must be so incredibly over the moon - so happy for you both. Hope he's staying in shape to run after twins!

Emski - congrats on being PUPO! I hope this is the one !!!

afm - ugh my joy has been short lived as I'm in hospital with probable endometritis. Became rapidly ill with a fever and tummy pain yesterday... dh eventually managed to crow bar me out of the house and am now on a drip and 3 different iv antibiotics. On a positive note I had the best nights sleep ever, feel a ton better this morning and the nurses here are so very caring and professional. I hope it doesn't mean I have to put my FET next month on hold but I'm preparing myself for that possibility even though no one has actually said that. But, if my body needs more time to heal then so be it. Have a scan this morning so I will see how that is and go from there. Thank god my FS got me into the private at 6pm last night - I was really happy with that. I hate public A&E
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 16-10-2013 at 06:57.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-10-2013),mrsmac123  (16-10-2013)