Closed Thread
Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, I am sorry to hear about your FSH levels. Hopefully they fall into line soon, so you can get in before Xmas.

Mrs.P, hope the cycling and moving are working together, and not being too stressful.

Kenta, sending you some good vibes for your cycle.

Hi Em, MrsErinR, MrsMac, Octoberbaby, Butterfly Luca, Myheart, Stillhope and everyone else.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-11-2013),Kenta  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At IVFA I think it's normal that they test FSH at the beginning of every cycle, but normally they wouldn't tell you the results, as it's just something they record along with other things. However, because my last cycle was cancelled, my FS looked really closely at all previous cycles. He saw that if the FSH on the first BT is above 10 then my cycles weren't great, so decided to go with this plan. It's a little tweak, that again, all FSs should be doing right from the beginning, not wait 6 cycles to implement.

There's nothing you can do about lowering natural FSH - apparently it just fluctuates from month to month. AF comes very regularly for me (always within a couple of days either side) so that doesn't have an influence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too many variables to consider? I suppose that sometimes they get by and its a time thing and adds to the expense and impossible to cover all bases but I would hope that they would act upon the regular test results... thats what they are there for?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 06-11-2013 at 16:47.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I have been quietly staking this thread over the last couple of weeks and thought I would make my first post.

Congratulations to Panda, Emski and Octoberbaby on your BFP

Good luck to those in the dreaded tww and to those cycling and waiting to cycle.

I am currently 13dp3dt x2 embys blood test tomorrow. However yesterday morning I started spotting and cramping and am very uncomfortable this morning. I think if I stopped the progesterone support then AF will
    To scared to POAS. Sounds like I'm out right?
    DH and I said this would be our last attempt but I think that our reluctance to move forward with this is what has led us to this situation. We could fit 8n one more cycle this year....but would it just be a waste of time and money. Don't know what to do.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddiamond For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (07-11-2013),Team panda  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - I am sorry you couldnt go ahead with your cycle at this time. Sounds like it is best to wait for your FSH to go down & your FS is on to that.

Mrs P - How are you going? Have you moved/started cycle as yet?

Reddiamond - welcome to the group. I hope you are wrong and the cramping is actually a BFP. I totally understand where you are coming from as to whether to continue. We are up to our "2nd last try". I guess it all comes down to how much more you want to put yourself through. It is such an emotional journey. But miracles can happen. Good luck with everything.

MrsErinR - hope your 2WW is going along OK.

Kenta & Chiefsgirl - How are you going with your jabbing?

Hi to everyone else.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Reddiamond, I'm hoping this is your BFP, I always say it ain't over till it's BT confirmed!

Luca, I'm good, thanks for asking! BT yesterday showed that once again I am moving along slowly, but FS is happy with where we are at (said it was the same as this time last cycle and I got 6 eggs) she reminded me that the HGH is there to help with quality not quantity so I shouldn't be too disappointed. The nurse said maybe epu next wednesday, but I'm thinking Friday is probably more likely - my body just seems to take it's time to grow eggs!

I'm having one of those days today though, I'm heading out at lunch for some retail therapy, hopefully that will help All three of my injections hurt bad last night and this morning I stupidly hopped on the scales and am just not shifting the two kilos I lost then put back on - I still have a good 10kgs to go and I seem to have plateaued at this point and it's killing me I know now is a stupid time to be worrying about weight, I just don't want to put too much on now, when I know I'm going to put it on when I get my BFP! It's a fine line between dieting and making sure I get the nutrients to make good eggs. I'm going to yoga tonight, hopefully that will put me in a better mood

Mrs P have you started jabbing?

Kenta how are you going?

Going to be a hot one in Sydney today, thank goodness I'm in air conditioning!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Mrs P - How are you going? Have you moved/started cycle as yet?

Hi to everyone else.
    Well, today should be day 1, however I only have heavier spotting. I don't normally have a normal AF after the BCP so I had a BT this morning to see where I'm at.

We will be moving next week. Hopefully today is day 1, so I can have my day 8 scan here. As we are driving part of the way and it will get difficult.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 07-11-2013 at 09:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Reddiamond, I think our gut feeling is often right but I would wait for the blood test still to be sure. We keep going with cycles hoping as have had inspiration from here that it can be possible despite the odds but it does eat up on time and finance. However, we know we can be good parents and would like the chance to be parents.

Chiefgirl, I find it hard to maintain my weight with ivf, some many things play with it, stress, drugs, inability to exercise etc, I work hard at losing some inbetween and stress less about it during a cycle. Hope all progresses well for you over the weekend.

AFM scan today shows about 9-10 eggs for egg pick up on Monday. Can anyone tell me if they think HCG helped them. I've tried it a few times post egg pick up and it didn't work for me so wondering if it's worth taking this time. I usually just use one crinone daily for luteal support.
    Last edited by Kenta; 07-11-2013 at 15:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey Kenta, I used HCG (Pregnyl) because I would always get AF 9 days after ovulation or EPU, I felt like it gave my eggs more of a chance to implant with a longer leuteal phase. Do you normally get AF early-ish? I was also on crinone from the day before transfer - all the best for Monday Kenta.
    Hope that it is CD 1 for you MrsP!
    Hello to everyone else - hope you're all travelling well.
    Nothing to report here which is good!
    Em X

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (07-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi reddiamond.,, I tried to send this as a pm but you are not recieving them

As one of the original members of this thread which started in 2009 and an oldie at 45yr I though I should give you my experience.

I hope this cycle works for you... but as you know the odds are against you.
    I did 7 cycles from 43-44yrs... I was a good responder always getting 10 eggs or so... used HGH, dhea, supplements diet, chinese herbs acupuncture, always got to transfer.. had one chemical and all the rest bfns.

Now I am pregnant with twins thanks to donor eggs.
    Looking back on the last 18months it really was a waste of my money and emotions... I understand I had to go through it for closure but it still was a drain.
    If I had my time again I would have moved to donor eggs a lot sooner.

so why donor eggs.....
    at 44yr your chances of success are around 0.5% success
    if you do get pregnant the downs syndrome risk is around 1:5
    no matter how good you are at producing eggs maybe only 1 in 10-20eggs may be chromosomally normal.
    the age of your partners sperm increases the rates of downs syndrome further to maybe 1:2 and also increases the rates of congenital cancers, behavioural problems and miscarrage.

donor eggs... 20yr old eggs... will repair any faults in damaged sperm dna (ie age related)
    depending on where you go success is 65-75%
    the downs syndrome risk is that of a 20yr old,
    The cost of a donor egg cycle varies to where you go..

South africa -- $6000
    USA - cheapest is RBA atlanta an egg bank $16500 ( I went here very very good)

so if you think of your out of pocket expenses for each cycle... including HGH, dhea, drugs, acupuncture etc a donor cycle becomes quite cost effective (you can claim it back on medical expenses on your tax)

so basically my message is... you could continue to cycle with your own eggs.... but in reality its not going to work and then if it does you will have a stressful pregnancy until about 15weeks waiting for chromosome results.
    If you do donor eggs you will be pregnant within 6months and have your baby... the new science of epigenetics is showing us that your own genetics influence gene expression within the developing baby and they actually will take on a lot of your traits.

I do not think of my babies at all as donor eggs... they are simply all mine.. and I dont regret this decision...even though I have a DD with my own eggs at 42yr I still have no regrets...

I hope that this helps you make decisions as to which path to take...
    I am happy to answer questions about the usa donor egg program .

hugs
    micca

hi to everyone else... I read daily just keeping an eye on you all...

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (08-11-2013),Chiefsgirl  (08-11-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-11-2013),mrsmac123  (08-11-2013),MrsPontipine  (07-11-2013),wanabemum  (23-01-2014)