Closed Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome NVB. Hope your stay is short.
    Luca - Good Luck tomorrow. Will you transfer 1 or 2?
    Emski - how are you feeling?
    Springrain - thats great that you have one normal one so far. At least you know your in with a strong chance with that little one.
    Ann - hope you are feeling better.
    Mrs Erin - you are transferring shortly to. Good Luck. Hope we get another wave of good news on this thread in the next weeks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (29-10-2013),Luca  (30-10-2013),SpringRain  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MsErin, springy & Luca industrial strength bubby dusting at u

hope everyone is well! Panda how's your preggy symptoms going?

wow we have a preggy bunch in here now! Awesome to see ...

I have news - FS wants to do medicated frozen cycle starting a month after af comes which would be early Dec. Haven't had Af since mc. Should be any day now.. Although ive heard of some people having a long wait... It's cd 28 today from when mc started... Im usually as predictable as a grandfather clock... Pg test negative So if all goes well I would be beginning meds early December and tf mid December. If I got a bubby in my Xmas stocking this year it would make the whole fiasco of a rollercoaster year worth it somehow Other than that, gardened all morning, back at work last night, my strength is back, I feel better than I've felt in years strangely enough. Full of activity and life again. all my orchids are flowering .... Go figure!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (30-10-2013),SpringRain  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome NVB ! I havent started yet and had a bit of a meltdown last month just taking in everything that is to come and trying to prepare my body not to mention realising how strong and patient you must be to do ivf...neither of those are my strongest traits...you are in the right place lots of cool calm ladies here.

Great to see all the activity and some more exciting 2ww. Come on pupos and soon to be pupos we are all rooting for you.

Springrain can I ask as a newbie why you dont use the frozen ones before you gather more? Is it a time thing? I am panicking about time and well how much is going to go by before I lose enough weight and any other procedures... my hubby suggested that maybe we can at least get something frozen somehow while other things are happening..do they do that kind of thing ...is that why you save them...for a rainy day? I think I might get confused about what is actually frozen. ?.do they freeze just egg or it must be fertilised?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMac - I've had 5 transfers of untested embies, so my FS suggested CGH as a way to get around seemingly endless FETs with no viable preg in sight. I only seem to have problems getting chromosomally normal embies So, yes it is partly a time thing, because as I get closer to 45, the rate of chromosomally normal eggs will drop from around 10-15% now to around 5%. Based purely on stats, it is likely that at least several of my frosties aren't chromosomally normal, and won't produce a viable pregnancy, which is why I'm slogging on.

I have requested (and done in the past) a freeze all cycle, where you do the stims and EPU, then the eggs are fertilised and anything that looks OK can be frozen. So you can ask for that, not sure what the differences between clinics are though.

In an ideal world, I'd "bank" 3-4 chromosomally normal embies then do FET's to give myself the highest possible chance of a THB, since a chromosomally normal embie can still be miscarried, and sometimes it takes a few transfers to get a take home bub. However finances and time are working against this, CGH cycles are quite expensive. My FS does do egg freezing for younger patients, not sure about us "mature" girls though. From what I understand, the scientists prefer to freeze embryos though, but again, not sure what the policies are at other clinics. Hope this helps.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

ann17  (29-10-2013),mrsmac123  (29-10-2013),MrsPontipine  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac- egg freezing is really expensive. When I asked about it at monash it was $12000. Don't know if it has come down since. Apparently egg freezing technology is getting better. Embryos are stronger to freeze and thaw out than eggs. Eggs are quite fragile.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so what you are saying is the frozen fertilised ones are either not tested or not too good probably so instead of trying to fluke a good one you are harvesting more eggs to test them first to weed out the bad ones at least reducing the odds of it not sticking? Ok I am so naive because for some reason I thought they might already do this to some level ..but really they only test sperm like how many swimmers per something and how well they swim at the start...harvest any and all eggs, stick them all in a dish and see if they divide as required within a certain time and then its a go for transfer?

Thanks also for the explanation of costs on eggs vs embryo I will explain to hubby.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by mrsmac123; 29-10-2013 at 21:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My apologies. I thought I posted last night, but I couldn't find it !!!

So, Emski, - A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS for your official BFP. That is absolutely fabulous news. You must be still bursting . Sending sticky vibes your way

Monika, - A big congrats to you as-well ... It's so wonderful to hear more BFP's for our age group.

Butterfly, - So glad that you are feeling really well. I hope AF shows up soon so you can get going again.

Springy, - Great news that you have a normal one in there. Gosh I hope your 3 untested are normal too.
    When/if I do the CGH, (which will be decided on fertilisation day), they will be biopsied at 3 days, with a potential fresh 5 day transfer. But the "soil" would have to be perfect for me to want to put that rare "seed" back in so soon!

Luca, - Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you.

NVB, - Welcome. And good luck with your TWW .

Ann, - Hope you are feeling well, and your peanuts are thriving.
    And I hope your DH is home soon. Are you Asia, or Middle East based? But only if you don't mind me asking of course. Sounds to me as if you're DH is in a similar line of work to us.

Team Panda, - I hope you are feeling wonderful as-well. How is mini panda going?

Mrsmac, - I bet you are stronger than you think. it is all so overwhelming to start with, but once you get going, I'm sure you will amaze yourself. Not saying it won't be hard. Just saying that you will just keep swimming, just keep swimming .

AFM, - Still doing the pill etc etc etc. I'm up to two needles a day, and I haven't started stimming yet. But that's a WDA kitchen sink approach for you .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (30-10-2013),Luca  (30-10-2013),mrsmac123  (30-10-2013),SpringRain  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - back from a long weekend away and see your wonderful news So, so, so incredibly pleased for you and wishing you lots and lots of stickiness in this fabulous journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - back from transfer & just got to work. We had two 4 cell embryos put back. My doctor was really happy and said one was perfect and the other near perfect. We have another 2 cell which we will grow and see how it goes. Although don't hold much hope for it only being 2 cells today. But you never know. Now all we can do is pray.

have a great day everyone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi luca, congrats on being pupo with a couple of good looking embies! Hope the tww goes quickly for you.