Closed Thread
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ann, you have been through so much... I don't know how you kept calm with the person doing the ultrasound...I would have been tempted to slap him..! People like that should loom for another profession. You need to look after yourself. Your sweet baby is waving to you and is doing well - this baby will be strong and healthy...

Twocam - does the BMI make a difference? I am 5kgs more that my BMI so I asked my FS and she said to try to lose weight but gradually and in a healthy manner - no more than half a kg per week... What has your FS said?

Em - good luck with Monday... I am happy to talk to you about TWEB but it looks like you won't neede it...!

Hi, to all the other ladies...

AFM - I am seeing my FS on Thursday to talk about how to improve my chances using donor eggs. I don't think I will do another cycle with my own eggs even though my AMH is good. My DH and I need some good news, it has been a long journey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - Em - good luck on Monday. I so hope your HCG rises well and you get your THB. I can hear the excitement in your emails so hope this is your time. Ann - that is disgraceful how you were treated. I agree you should complain. What is wrong with some people who work in that industry? I hear stories like this all the time. Glad twin A is doing well. Myheart - hope your appt with your FS goes well on Thursday. Hi to everyone else. I have egg collection on Monday. I don't think anyone else is cycling at the moment? Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Heart, on the BMI thing, I don't know how much exactly it makes a difference but I was 8kgs heavier than I was when I fell pg with DS and probably just a bit over my 'supposed to be BMI'. Did 5 cycles, BFN. Both DH and I lost 8kgs (mostly through stress!) and then got a BFP. Admittedly our FS changed something about my protocol which helped but I think the weight loss made a difference to DH's MFI and helped me too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

mrsmac123  (26-10-2013),myheart  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re BMI I have done a bit of research because its a big issue for me, there are a few reasons that clinics draw a line aside from general health and higher stats of overweight pregnant women having more issues with blood pressure and gestational diabetes, statistically apparently overweight women have more MCs and well the reason I found most interesting with regard to ivf it can cause issues with EPU where when you get fatter your insides are squashed up higher towards your ribs and the instrument they use to get to your ovaries sometimes wont reach, further, your intestines can get in between in which case if it looks like they will get pierced there is no way to get to the eggs.

In my reading about fibroids it seems statistically relevant that the overweight are more prone to them as well..

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca good luck on monday always an exciting time I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca, best wishes for EPU, and a quick recovery. hope you get a great batch of eggs, and some lovely embies.

Em, how is your weekend going? Have you been to see your GP, and/or done more POAS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Girls,
    Hope you are all having a great weekend.
    Hi Luca, all the best for Monday, I hope you catch the golden egg
    Myheart, Lynn told me to lose weight too... I had been too until she put me on steroids! I don't think I've gained too much since, but certainly haven't lost anything. I ended up hiring a treadmill and just making sure I did at least 30 minutes on that 4 times a week which has helped just get my circulation going. I don't eat much processed food anymore since being diagnosed coeliac anyway. Interestingly there were recent studies showing that the weight of the recipient mother had no determination on the success of donor eggs. But I'm sure for your own general wellbeing it could only be beneficial.
    Springy, I'm going well, couldn't get in for second beta yesterday, but that's ok... pee tests are even stronger now with the test line stronger than the control line this morning. Have been feeling pretty ordinary most of the weekend, with a headache from Fri morning until about 11 last night, could be caffeine withdrawal? I ended up having a weak coffee and Panadol which got rid of it. Sleeping a LOT,but waking up early hence my post at 6.30 on a Sunday...
    Em xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck tmw lucca.

I'm glad the lines are getting darker emski, must be putting your mind at ease a bit, sorry you've felt so bad though!

On the whole bmi thing, While I know I need to lose a few kgs, my trainer and dietician says not to put too much emphasis on that as some people do just weigh heavier and have a lot of muscle. I've put on 2kgs during the last cycle which I'm struggling to get off again, but I have been sick and back on steroids so not stressing about it too much, just making sure I keep eating healthy and exercising lots. Emski, I have a treadmill at home (bought it with compo money from a work accident) it has a tv on it, and I've hooked up and old DVD player to it, so I watch movies and walk - I get to indulge in my favourite pastime and I walk for a cpl of hours- win win!

Hope those of you in Sydney are doing ok, the smoke today is playing havoc with my asthma and we live in the south west and they say the north is worse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em probably coffee and hormones causing long headaches..maybe a bit of stress and or excitement adding to it

Re bmi My mother had my sisters at age 39 and 41 weighing over 100kgs (height 5 foot 2) making her bmi over 40, with no issues other than MS. She didnt even have puffy ankles which a friend of mine in her late 20s at a good weight had so bad that she could press a finger on them and they were like memory foam! Mum however had more trouble once she had 2 kids under 3 , my bro about 6 and me at 18 coming and going. Having said that, there is a big difference I think with being 2 to 10 kgs over and being twice your ideal weight...mum should be about 60kg at the most as I should be. Obviously she had no issues, but I think when you have other things like stuffed tubes, fibroids yadda yadda it certainly cannot hurt.

I am in 2 minds about it, on one hand I think, if I am paying for ivf and it is my body and my baby then its my business what my weight is...just do it..thats the clock ticking... and its all about making the clinics success stats look better, on the other hand...requiring me to have a bmi of 35 still means 85kgs ...is still a fair wack overweight so really it is for the best...esp if it means the diff between 3 cycles and 8...who knows but the bit I was talking about with the EPU doovy not reaching, I actually saw a video on youtube demonstrating and that helped me understand that the world was not against me there are reasons other than blood pressure which just didnt cut it with me as mine is always on the lower side. Not to mention my mother and scads of others are living proof..

Anyway best motivation ever...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might add that my mother is a good example of why being that overweight for so long is bad (duh)..now in her early 60s has many issues with walking ..her feet, ankles, knees, stairs...gettin in and out of chairs...you would think that would motivate me...