+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm from the US and obviously it's a big deal with young and old alike. There hasn't been one year where I haven't dressed up. What we've done at our place (in Australia) in the past is a jack-o-lantern and some decorations. (I know they're expensive but I want my kids to get into it.) We decorated for Halloween but went OS for Christmas the first year we moved in so didn't decorate. I'm sure the neighbors wondered what kind of whackos moved in!

Neighbors who don't have candy tell all the kiddos to come "to the house with the pumpkin". Last year we went TOTing for the first time and just left candy in a spooky box on the doorstep with a sign on it saying we were out but take a few pieces. I'm too much of a kid to not go with DD.

This year we'll actually be in the States for Halloween and I can't wait to show DD what it looks like when the whole neighborhood gets into it. Ours is slowly becoming that way but I think seeing hundreds of kids in costumes will just blow her mind.

She's Minnie Mouse this year and I've decided to go as pregnant Snow White. I'm thinking about making the people who ask me what I am guess which dwarf is responsible.

Once the twins are born the Halloween parties will start though! I can't wait! Love to see so many people getting into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Growing up in the UK it was massive & I remember having so much fun!

Even though we don't have kids yet, I still think halloween is pretty cool. Got some lollies already in case any kids come & I'm thinking of getting a scary decoration to put on the front door.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll be celebrating DS2s 1st birthday!!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds amazing squiggs!!! Id love to see pics of a usa halloween neighbourhood!!

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What about Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Lost Boys ( old movies but made for teens without the graphic violence ?)

Or the Adams Family movie ? Would the Scream movies or I know what you did last summer be too graphic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I loved when a stranger calls! Its scary as in suspense , obviously the guys trying to kill her but I can't remember it being too graphic? Scream is ok but there are stabbings but it's not too graphic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about Watcher in the Woods? It's rated PG and has no explicit violence, etc. but is pretty scary.....well I remember it as scary (it's been a while since I saw it). It's pretty old though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    What about Watcher in the Woods? It's rated PG and has no explicit violence, etc. but is pretty scary.....well I remember it as scary (it's been a while since I saw it). It's pretty old though
    I was traumatised by that movie when we watched it in year four at school!!! I still can't face the edge of the bed when I also because of the past where she jumps up with the mask on her face!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For those looking for more halloween costume ideas

http://seriouslyforreal.com/funny/mo...-ideas30-pics/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait wait! I got to post this one the roller coaster guys are awesome!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...ef=mostpopular