+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok so based on all these facts it WAS the owners wee, again not nice but I'm sure you just had to flush the toilet right? Feel abit stabby about it but move on.

The demands I was talking about were the days free rent and the cleaning.

I feel really sorry for your PM lol but she can take some of the blame for your attitude with her poorly thought out comment.

I would just move on ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Ok so based on all these facts it WAS the owners wee, again not nice but I'm sure you just had to flush the toilet right? Feel abit stabby about it but move on.

The demands I was talking about were the days free rent and the cleaning.

I feel really sorry for your PM lol but she can take some of the blame for your attitude with her poorly thought out comment.

I would just move on ....
    I never demanded anything. I told the PM the owners were in the property. His response was "so what?". I mentioned I wasn't impressed and it wasn't a very good start to the tenancy and he just repeated that he essentially didn't give a sh!t.
    Far cry from what you are making out what happened.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given that it had been empty for 2 months maybe lets be positive and they were there to give it a bit of an air out prior to you moving in. Ok their timing was off and clearly they should have flushed the toilet but maybe they had good intentions and it just went south.

Everyone should have apologised (including the landlord, not you) and cleared the air.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like this is an argument of renters vs owners.
    Also I think the PM sounds like hes not doing his job. Perhaps speak to his boss. After you signed the papers he should have informed the owners and make sure they knew it was signed. I do think its an invasion of privacy.

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amira For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Given that it had been empty for 2 months maybe lets be positive and they were there to give it a bit of an air out prior to you moving in. Ok their timing was off and clearly they should have flushed the toilet but maybe they had good intentions and it just went south.

Everyone should have apologised (including the landlord, not you) and cleared the air.
    I can imagine that that is what the LLs were doing. I can also see why OP is put out by it. A simple apology from the PM would Yves helped immensely. I'd still be writing an email to the PM, just to say you do enjoy your privacy and expect it to be respected (within reason, inspections and such you know).

The little digs to her on here really aren't called for. Deep breaths people

All the best for your tenancy OP. I hope this is just a bump in what will be a nice tenant/LL relationship.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-10-2013),Stiflers Mom  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    An apology and for the RE to recognise that it's not ok.

I want them to ensure it won't happen again.

Todays rent refunded because I did not get vacant possession of the property.

And the owners should come in or pay to have the toilet cleaned after leaving their juices to fester in the bowl!

Seriously..... Sorry but that is completely over the top. I would just move on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously move on. Your privacy was hardly breached. A days free rent is laughable.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

babycake  (13-10-2013),~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read the responses but as a landlord who has has shocking tenants before, perhaps the owners were checking it out themselves rather than trusting their agent?
    I've had a loungeroom wall painted gloss red and wooden bedroom doors painted gloss badly - both of which our agent at the time failed to notice and gave full bond back.
    I'm sure there is a legitimate reason they were there.
    Hope it all goes smoothly from here
    Last edited by Mmumm; 13-10-2013 at 07:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Seriously move on. Your privacy was hardly breached. A days free rent is laughable.
    Yeah totally, cause if a tenant stays in a place a day longer than they should, they would have to pay rent for that day.
    So if an owner decides to utilise the property for an extra day, the tenant should pay for that too... makes heaps of sense clearly.

I will just wait til i can contact fair trading and the advocacy service. They don't take a pro- owner stance. They stick with facts and real advice. So no more rubbish 'get over it responses'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if a tenant had to vacate a property by midnight, they were to hand the keys in when the real estates office opened the next day and on their way they realised they left, say a phone charger in a power point for arguments sake, and stopped used the keys and grabbed it.....you think they should be charged an extra days rent?

You are being completely OTT. I hope you never planned to stay after this lease because if you continue with this refund of rent, professional cleaner for the toilet, threats from the office of fair trading path, I wouldn't be expecting a lease renewal to come your way.

For all you know they were airing the place out and trying to do a nice thing!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (13-10-2013),~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)