+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    That's it! What's to say it won't happen again?
    They didn't see an issue with doing it today, nor did the RE. So really why wouldn't they do it again?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    They were doing approved backyard maintenance work anyway and you hadn't moved in yet and they went inside, probably haven't seen their property in ages. The toilet thing aside, they weren't breaching your privacy or anything like that. I really can't see the big deal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Cause you'd be entitled to walk away from your lease without penalty as they are not allowing peace of living or whatever it is.

I would write to your RE noting the incident today with a reminder that whilst you appreciate there may have been a misunderstanding with move in day but it's not to happen again. Then it's in writing and if you have further issues of them turning up outside of schedule inspections you can issue a breech.
    Oh right and where would I go considering I have to be out of my current place by mid next week? There is hardly time to find and apply for another property.
    What do I do with all of my possessions?
    Cough up removalist cost x 2?
    It's hardly an option, unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also think the owners were just taking an opportunity to check through the house, most don't get to do this on a regular basis. They clearly were not aware of what time you were turning up I expect. I would have taken the opportunity to introduce myself and my family.

The property manager should of simply apologised on their behalf - her '**** happens' comment is very unprofessional and very rude. I would be furious to receive that comment from a property manager.

As for the wee, well as stupid as it sounds it could have been anybodies, I would often make a mental note to check toilets after I had done a viewing with families with kids in particular as they would often forget to flush - it may have been the owners forgetting to flush but 'shrugs' who knows??? But in any case - not nice and I wouldn't be thrilled to see it.

I think it's been blown WAY out of proportion, I would take it no further, if you were my tenant and rang up with the list of demands you were spelling out I would think 'nut case' and go on high alert and would be bracing myself for a miserable tenancy.

Hope the rest of the tenancy is harmonious.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-10-2013),~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I would write to your RE noting the incident today with a reminder that whilst you appreciate there may have been a misunderstanding with move in day but it's not to happen again. Then it's in writing and if you have further issues of them turning up outside of schedule inspections you can issue a breech.
    I think do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh right and where would I go considering I have to be out of my current place by mid next week? There is hardly time to find and apply for another property.
    What do I do with all of my possessions?
    Cough up removalist cost x 2?
    It's hardly an option, unfortunately.

You can't leave after one incident, I'm sure you know enough about renting to know that.

I'm simply advising of how to lay the foundation should the issue arise again. Sorry I thought I was being helpful as to how you could move forward, clearly not.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (12-10-2013),~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    They were doing approved backyard maintenance work anyway and you hadn't moved in yet and they went inside, probably haven't seen their property in ages. The toilet thing aside, they weren't breaching your privacy or anything like that. I really can't see the big deal.
    I'd signed the lease at 9:30 this morning with every intention of starting to move in today. They knew that- they would be informed of such events.

I went around to clean and move stuff in when they were there, inside the property.

If they only went inside to use the toilet ( which is still not ok- they are public ones a 2 minute drive away) why did they have all the doors and blinds open? They were both strolling around inside the property.

It's a big deal to me clearly! I'm a very private person and don't want my privacy invaded!
    How did they know I hadn't started moving in when they entered the property? Would it have been wrong then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd signed the lease at 9:30 this morning with every intention of starting to move in today. They knew that- they would be informed of such events.

I went around to clean and move stuff in when they were there, inside the property.

If they only went inside to use the toilet ( which is still not ok- they are public ones a 2 minute drive away) why did they have all the doors and blinds open? They were both strolling around inside the property.

It's a big deal to me clearly! I'm a very private person and don't want my privacy invaded!
    How did they know I hadn't started moving in when they entered the property? Would it have been wrong then?

They could have been there from 6am for all you know. You hadn't started moving in... there was nothing of yours in there... they did not invade your privacy.

What mokeybear said about being on alert if a new tenant went in guns blazing was exactly why I (and others) tried to tell you thay it would be best to leave it be. No wonder your previous landlords give you grief!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol

Dr Phil would call her ' a right fighter' honestly, it's too knackering being a right fighter.

Life's too short.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    They could have been there from 6am for all you know. You hadn't started moving in... there was nothing of yours in there... they did not invade your privacy.

What mokeybear said about being on alert if a new tenant went in guns blazing was exactly why I (and others) tried to tell you thay it would be best to leave it be. No wonder your previous landlords give you grief!
    They were there after I signed the lease! I had to give permission for them to tend to the courtyard. I was told they would not be entering the property as there was no need!

You have no idea of my relationships with previous LL's. In my ideal world, I keep to myself and they keep to themselves. I've never even interacted with my current LL. I know he is a vile person as he refuses to spend a single cent on this property... won't even cough up all of $8 for a working smoke alarm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I also think the owners were just taking an opportunity to check through the house, most don't get to do this on a regular basis. They clearly were not aware of what time you were turning up I expect. I would have taken the opportunity to introduce myself and my family.

The property manager should of simply apologised on their behalf - her '**** happens' comment is very unprofessional and very rude. I would be furious to receive that comment from a property manager.

As for the wee, well as stupid as it sounds it could have been anybodies, I would often make a mental note to check toilets after I had done a viewing with families with kids in particular as they would often forget to flush - it may have been the owners forgetting to flush but 'shrugs' who knows??? But in any case - not nice and I wouldn't be thrilled to see it.

I think it's been blown WAY out of proportion, I would take it no further, if you were my tenant and rang up with the list of demands you were spelling out I would think 'nut case' and go on high alert and would be bracing myself for a miserable tenancy.

Hope the rest of the tenancy is harmonious.
    The property had been vacant for about 2 months prior. I was the only one to inspect it 3 weeks ago. I was approved for it the day after. The toilet looked clean during that inspection, so was clearly used today!

Yep, an apology should have been given and some sort of confirmation that it won't happen again! Maybe I wouldn't be so p!ssed off if this had of actually occured!

How exactly did I call up with a list of demands? I called up stating that the owners were in the property! Big difference there!