+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 5.5 month old sleep habits?

My dd is 5.5 months old this is her routine.

Night time she goes down at 7:30-8 sleeps through until 5:30am (this just started the 5:30am) usually it's 7am!!

Has done since we bought her home from hospital.

During the day she won't sleep at all, cat naps maximum of 5-10 mins. It's making me resent her. I get frustrated. I cry, I get angry at her and then I just abuse my df when he gets home. 'Take her'. I sleep when she does because I'm so effing exhausted. So me and df get NO time together.

She doesn't even play! Maximum of about 10 minutes? Then she gets so cranky! The only time she will sleep is in the car or pram. I'm pregnant again (18 weeks). How do I improve this? If one more Person says 'she sleeps through your so lucky!' I'm going to scream!! I would rather have some solid sleeps through day too!

Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oops double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does she self settle going down at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I have to shake/rock basinete to get her to sleep! She used to but since she was on AB's she has changed into devil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's almost out grown it. What happens when she goes into cot I'm getting anxiety over it!!!!! Ahhhh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like she really needs more day sleep. Poor you it must be exhausting having her fight sleep all day long. I took DD to sleep school about a month ago to learn how to settle and resettle her in her cot. Best thing we ever did. She now has 3 day sleeps and still sleeps 10-12 hrs overnight. Not every day is perfect, we have some hiccups but it is so much better than what it was. I really recommend you seeking some help, especially as you are pregnant. Also - do you think she might have reflux or any other medical problem that might prevent her from settling? My DD has silent reflux and the sleep clinic increased her dosage of medication to three times what it was, I think that also made a huge difference. Silent refluxers often have good night sleep but terrible day sleep as stomach acid production slows down at night.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest making the jump to the cot and settling her in the cot.
    You can do it gently and that way she should learn the cot is a safe place to sleep.

We did the sitting with baby and patting them to sleep in the bassinet method. I'd put her down fed, awake, calm, sing her a song and leave the room. If she grizzles I'd leave her, if she cried I'd go in sit next to her bassinet, avoid eye contact and pat her till she fell asleep. I never left until she was asleep.
    It doesn't work for everyone and she did cry while I patted her in the begging but she was at the point where she wasn't even sleeping in my arms and was crying any way so I didn't have much too loose.

Shes been a great sleeper since, a few hiccups along the way like 2 of the wonder weeks where she refused to self settle but she always goes right back to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm waiting for her cot to arrive (they had to order it in)

So she has out grown basinete but not her pram basinete as I have a huge pram I will just have to wait hopefully comes this week. She refuses to co sleep too!

I will call about doing a day program. She has a hole in her heart which they are monitoring but I think it's worse than they keep brushing off! She never finishes bottles, the wants more 10 minutes later (so she's probably tired for that time) I hope that makes sense. She sweats a lot and I think that's making her wake up I put a towel down too to soak it up even though she has protectors. And she did have reflux but I went to normal formula once on solids because she couldn't drink water I might ask about meds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a lullabub on our cot so we can still rock it.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god! I went to doctor and asked about reflux.... He said it must be something organic :s (confusing?!) enquired about the sleep clinic he said it must be my parenting um THANKS the whole time I'm in his rooms saying I'm at my wits ends!

I don't know who to contact now for sleep clinic

Thanks I will get the rock thing for cot!!!!!!!!!!