+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband works 7 days a week and usually gets home earliest 8.30pm onwards, I'm actually over it. It's actually a joke how much time he spends with us, basically none, and when he is home he's tired impatient and basically not fun to be around. I'm currently pregnant with number two, I can't see us lasting much longer tbh, I've told him we need him to want to be with us, but nothing's changed, so ill be changing things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like he's depressed to me. The kids are seen as an inconvenience!
    Hope the kids don't hear him say that!
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 05-11-2013 at 11:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard when you are the only one putting in ALL the time, It could be depression maybe you should try and get him to talk to someone, hugs I hope you can work it out, it's so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you two need a date night, maybe a weekend away? Either together or separate.

Give him a taste of being at home with the kids all day & you let your hair down.

Let him get out for the night & regain an individual aspect of himself.

My marriage failed, we never listen too or took time for each other. Sounds like he's saying he needs a break, & Sunday like you do too.

Do you have anyone who can take the kids for the night? Anything coming up you think he might enjoy? (But him & a buddy tickets to an event or something)

If you launch into it with a 'me me me' attitude he'll just get defensive, do something nice for him & tell him you miss his company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im a bit of a weirdo in that i enjoy staying home. DH nags me to go out with him. I go out all week with the kids, i just want a couple hrs at home on my own, then im all good!
    i dont thinks his feelings towards your children are quite right. Is he feeling overworked? stressed?
    i can understand him coming home and just wanting to chill and lounge around. He needs down time just as much as you do.
    I think you need to communicate about a balance in "me time" for him and time spent with his kids. How is their relationship? Do they need to work on that a bit perhaps?
    is a family holiday/break away on the cards? sounds like you may all benefit from it?
    Goodluck and i hope you can talk to him about this.