+ Reply to Thread

Default Experience at epworth Freemasons hospital Melbourne

Hi there

I would like to get peoples opinions of this hospital in recent yearsI have heard they have done renovations to the rooms.

I am thinking about booking in but haven't spoken to anyone who has been here and I'd like to know what other people's experiences have been?

I will be having an elective c section…

I had great experiences at the Freemasons for both my daughters. Midwives were lovely, food was great, and they promptly organised another room for me as I wasn't happy with the one I got.

Not all the rooms are finished being renovated though and not all the rooms have double beds, so you partner may have to sleep on a roll out bed.

First time around I got a great, big double bed room which was handy with all the visitors and my husband staying.

Second time round they put me in a double bed room again but it was so small and pokey I complained. They moved me to one of their newly renovated rooms which was lovely.

You can also opt to go to the Park Hyatt which many of my friends have done which is also very nice.

The midwives I had during labour were supportive, calm and so friendly. The midwives during my stay we're also good (some were pretty full on about breast feeding though and quite pushy about it which I didn't particularly like).

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again, it's a great hospital and I received fantastic care there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lila123 For This Useful Post:

MealsandEmma22  (04-12-2013)