+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaleggos View Post
    Minchi. Def go for it with your prescription. I had LASIK done in both eyes 3 weeks ago. My right eye was -6.25 and it's absolutely amazing the difference. Everything is so much brighter. It's not a particularly pleasant procedure. (I likened it to having my babies turned by the ob when they were breech). But the recovery was really quick and the temazepan they give you gave me the best sleep since my DS was born 18mths. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
    thanks for that, I hope it's not too daunting. I hopefully should be right, I have gone thru 2 ceasers, one natural birth, had two broken noses and have had to have a 3rd surgery to correct it again which was mind incredibly painful, and have had to have surgery to remove a cyst that had eaten the bone away between the top teeth and the base of my nose. ouch. seriously ouch. so hopefully the eyes don't feel too bad. lol. great to hear how good everything looks, ive definitely heard things look brighter. I won't know myself without glasses/contacts, I have been wearing them since I was 10! (32 now.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    thanks for that, I hope it's not too daunting. I hopefully should be right, I have gone thru 2 ceasers, one natural birth, had two broken noses and have had to have a 3rd surgery to correct it again which was mind incredibly painful, and have had to have surgery to remove a cyst that had eaten the bone away between the top teeth and the base of my nose. ouch. seriously ouch. so hopefully the eyes don't feel too bad. lol. great to hear how good everything looks, ive definitely heard things look brighter. I won't know myself without glasses/contacts, I have been wearing them since I was 10! (32 now.)
    Let us know how you go? I am considering it too and consider myself to have a fairly high pain threshold...

Thanks
    Reviews
    What exactly is the procedure? I am interested in getting it done but I am a big chicken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Let us know how you go? I am considering it too and consider myself to have a fairly high pain threshold...
    sure will .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara86 View Post
    What exactly is the procedure? I am interested in getting it done but I am a big chicken.
    hehe. with all the review ppl give, I think it wouldn't be that scary... google Lasik.com.au and they have info pages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok, I have my eye assessment on Monday the 28th. They said if I have soft contact lenses they musn't be worn for 2 weeks prior to surgery. if they are hard contacts, no wearing for 6-8 weeks prior to surgery. omg, I can't wait!!!!! On the other hand, I hate wearing my glasses. I don't know how I will last for 2 weeks. aargh.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a soft contact lens wearer and couldn't wear them for a week before. It nearly killed me wearing my glasses, but it was worth it. Best to google the procedure. It's not pleasant but I wouldn't say it was painful. A bit scary as at one point your vision goes completely, when they are preparing to cut the flap. But a nurse briefed me beforehand as to exactly what was going to happen.
    I had by 2nd and final check last week and the optometrist said my right eye has healed so well that if I went to a regular optician now and didn't mention I'd had LASIK then they'd probably not even know I'd had it done as its healed so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaleggos View Post
    I was a soft contact lens wearer and couldn't wear them for a week before. It nearly killed me wearing my glasses, but it was worth it. Best to google the procedure. It's not pleasant but I wouldn't say it was painful. A bit scary as at one point your vision goes completely, when they are preparing to cut the flap. But a nurse briefed me beforehand as to exactly what was going to happen.
    I had by 2nd and final check last week and the optometrist said my right eye has healed so well that if I went to a regular optician now and didn't mention I'd had LASIK then they'd probably not even know I'd had it done as its healed so well.
    what?!!!!!!!!! omg, your vision goes completely.... lol. thanks for telling me, I would have freaked out big time. lol.