Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default anyone had laser eye surgery?

was it ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I had both eyes done back in 2007

Not going to lie was one of the scariest things I have ever done in my life (seriously felt like the sedative didn't kick in til after!), but also one of the BEST!!

It was amazing! Could see clearly even on the way home (through the little holes in the shields you have to wear immediately after). 6 years on I still find it a wonder I don't have to wear my glasses any more!!

Would definitely recommend it! I know a few other people who have had it done too and they also all can't speak highly enough

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie83 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I'm interested too...

Sent from my LG-E975K using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the pre test done (to see if I was eligible), that felt crazy in itself! They check the shape of your eye, thickness of your cornea etc so they have to dilate your pupils and you can't drive afterwards.
    I didn't go through with it as my prescription wasn't steady enough. They recommend no change in eye sight for a minimum of 2 yrs. Ive also heard that pregnancy can affect it too? I'll get it done in a few years time I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps do a search

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had it done in around 2006 because I was over wearing glasses, I was getting frequent conjunctivitis when wearing contacts and was developing ulceration a on my eyes because I was in aircon all the time at work/uni and my eyes were drying out too much. I've never looked back. I couldn't have the LASIK procedure due to the shape of my corneas so I had to have the "old" style procedure which I think was called PRK. The procedure itself was pretty freaky because you're conscious for the whole thing but they gave me some Valium beforehand then some anesthetic eye drops as well. I'm sure if I had a heart rate monitor on it would've been at least 150bpm lol. In saying that it didn't hurt, it was more because it was almost claustrophobic having the machine so close to my face, not being able to move etc. my recovery was longer, I had bandaid type contact lenses in my eyes for a week and I had to go back and have them removed. The week was spent in darkness as I couldn't tolerate bright lights and I had a constant feeling of grit in my eye. I was taking panadeine -15 more to knock myself out than for the pain and I also had some temazepam (sleeping tabs) for the same thing. I had to put in a course of eye drops every 4hrs or something (antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and steroids) and that was the biggest pain because no sooner would you finish one round, you'd have to start again!

I've never had to wear glasses or contacts since and the procedure has a lifetime guarantee (excl. age related sight degeneration). It was worth the money and the discomfort. Def a case of short term pain for long term gain! I went through the Laser Sight Centre at Spring Hill in Brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it in 2004, DH did it in 2010. So so worth it for convenience and if you add up the cost of glasses/contacts, check ups etc its not too bad. DH did a 12 month interest free payment plan too so was very affordable. Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done nearly 10 years ago now, it's well worth it. The procedure is strange because you're awake and can hear the laser ticking but it wasn't painful at all. Wore plastic shields for about 24 hours after, used eye drops (just regular ones for dry eyes) for a few weeks after but apart from that no issues. Vision is still perfect now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for the replies yeah my eyes are -7.50 & -6.50 and always have to wear glasses or contacts and am sick of it. will definitely go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minchi. Def go for it with your prescription. I had LASIK done in both eyes 3 weeks ago. My right eye was -6.25 and it's absolutely amazing the difference. Everything is so much brighter. It's not a particularly pleasant procedure. (I likened it to having my babies turned by the ob when they were breech). But the recovery was really quick and the temazepan they give you gave me the best sleep since my DS was born 18mths. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.