+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much for catholic primary school??

Hi guys,
    My dd is only 9 months but let me tell you I'm thinking very far ahead of time and I know it will come around with a blink of the eye.

My question is how much approx is the going cost for a private/catholic primary school for kindy?

I don't know anyone who has kids in kindy, either too young yet or they went years ago. So I'm not sure what parents are paying these days? Does anyone have children or know how much it is?
    I'm curious because I found a school I really want to enrol dd in but kindy is $7000. Is that a ridiculous amount or is that roughly what it costs these days?

As I said I have absolutely no idea. Anyone feedback would be great!!
    Love to hear from other mummies to what they think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My children go to a catholic primary school in Brisbane. The fees are:

1 child : $2275 pa
    2 children : $2870 pa
    3 or more children : $3200 pa

That is inclusive of all excursions, visiting performances, swimming lessons etc. Also includes things like a term of dance, a term of gymnastics etc. from visiting teachers. Everything except Year 5 Camp and Year 7 trip to Canberra but the parents fundraise for those.

This is for Prep (Prep being the year before Year 1) - 7 in QLD. DD2 is currently going to a C and K Kindergarten for Kindy (Pre Prep) and her fees are $625 per term so $2500 pa.
    I have friends whose children go to an Anglican school and it is much more expensive - primary school is $7000 per child. I find they also pay far more in uniform costs, and other expected things like choir, instrumental music etc etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Mischa44  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's a big gap in price! I havnt really looked into what the fees include. As I said I have no idea. I'll definitely ask what the price includes because if she is going there then I don't want to fork out another cent! It is a specialty school (bilingual) so that's probably the reason it's so much.
    Thankyou for your feedback

*Forgot to mention this school is in Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I paid $360/term for one child, I think it's something like $580/term for two, which I pay now. That's in Toowoomba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We pay ours weekly and for the Anglican school our boys go to its $170 per week for 2 or $9000 pa, it is a private school where as the catholic school we looked in was only $62 per week for 2. Always a big difference in price between the price of a private school to a normal primary catholic school. I've never know any primary catholic schools to be anywhere near the price as a private Anglican primary school so I think you'll find most catholic primary school very similar in price as there not what you class as a private school.
    Last edited by millsmum; 17-10-2013 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends if its a private catholic school in Sydney or just your local one - my girlfriend pays $1000 a year for kindergarten at the local catholic school ( which I think is the average) or another friend paid $15,000 a year in kindy for Kincopple at Rose Bay which is a private catholic school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow $15 000!!! Now that's pushing it... I thought 7 grand was a lot. This school is bilingual so it is a specialty school, probably why it's do much

Thanks
    Reviews
    $3000 per year for one child, in a Diocesan Catholic Primary in Canberra.
    Catholic schools that are run by the Diocese seem to cost a great deal less than those run by a religious order.
    They are still private schools though, just cheaper, and they pool resources with other schools. They are not elite schools, no fancy pants facilities or programs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I pay approx 2400 a year for Dd1 who started school this year at a catholic school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is $70 per day for 3 year olds at our local catholic primary, I'm confused about the 'private' part, all schools in Perth that are not a 'state' school are considered 'private'.