+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I loved it, but it was a long time ago. The thing I didn't like was having to go to a new primary when everyone else had been together since kindy. I always felt "new" even though I started there in the beginning of year 2!!
    Yes it's an odd way to do things - especially nowadays I imagine when the zones are quite strictly enforced and everyone has to then move on again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I please remind posters to please use the report button and not resort to personal attacks as that just leads to threads being closed and no one wants that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I loved it, but it was a long time ago. The thing I didn't like was having to go to a new primary when everyone else had been together since kindy. I always felt "new" even though I started there in the beginning of year 2!!
    There are three K-2 public schools in my local area. I don't know if I like the idea of them??? I am putting in my transfer, but have deliberately not chosen these schools to transfer to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you mean to work in or for your kids to go too. It has its pros and cons. Australia St had a lovely community vibe, it is a little school, but I still have friends that from there that I went to school with, I can't say the same about the other primary or high schools I went too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    There are three K-2 public schools in my local area. I don't know if I like the idea of them??? I am putting in my transfer, but have deliberately not chosen these schools to transfer to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do you mean to work in or for your kids to go too. It has its pros and cons. Australia St had a lovely community vibe, it is a little school, but I still have friends that from there that I went to school with, I can't say the same about the other primary or high schools I went too.
    Both.

For me, there's not enough career opportunity at a K-2 school. Generally they are very small schools. Plus, I like teaching 3-6 better, there's not much room to move in a K-2 school. There wouldn't be that many teachers there either, and I am pretty sociable at work.

For my kids, I think a small school has merits, but they're just too small. I'm not in the zone for any in my local area, but I think it's a huge adjustment for kids to change schools and have to get to know a new routine, new teachers, new principal etc. There is one in my local area that has a total of 55 enrolments, then once they hit year 3, the school that would be in the zone has 800 students. That's a bit daunting for a child whose been at a school of 55.
    The other one has 90 students, then the primary school has well over 300. The third one has 60 enrolments and then the primary school has 450 students.

As far as I know, if you live in the catchment for a K-2 school and a K-6 school, you can choose which one you want to send your child to, you don't have to send them to the K-2 school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My primary to year 6 was 160 kids. Then I went to high school with 1200 kids. It was a huge shock - and I hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Both.

For me, there's not enough career opportunity at a K-2 school. Generally they are very small schools. Plus, I like teaching 3-6 better, there's not much room to move in a K-2 school. There wouldn't be that many teachers there either, and I am pretty sociable at work.

For my kids, I think a small school has merits, but they're just too small. I'm not in the zone for any in my local area, but I think it's a huge adjustment for kids to change schools and have to get to know a new routine, new teachers, new principal etc. There is one in my local area that has a total of 55 enrolments, then once they hit year 3, the school that would be in the zone has 800 students. That's a bit daunting for a child whose been at a school of 55.
    The other one has 90 students, then the primary school has well over 300. The third one has 60 enrolments and then the primary school has 450 students.

As far as I know, if you live in the catchment for a K-2 school and a K-6 school, you can choose which one you want to send your child to, you don't have to send them to the K-2 school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My primary to year 6 was 160 kids. Then I went to high school with 1200 kids. It was a huge shock - and I hated it!
    Primary to year 7 was 1400, high school was 2200.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Primary to year 7 was 1400, high school was 2200.
    Wow! Wouldn't be many primary schools that size in nsw, even high schools is a lot.