+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Frozen food/fruit platters/sandwiches or other easy food.
    Try and get someone to look after activities for you so you can do food, or the other way around.
    Save present opening till everyone is sitting down - maybe at cake time.
    If its at your place relax your rules a little about shoes on inside otherwise the kids will spend all day taking shoes on and off.
    If you want the kids to wash hands before eating just use a bucket of water outside so they don't all have to crowd into the bathroom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha sassy, that's what everyone's telling me.

I think I'm being a bit naive but I'm actually looking forward to it...

I'm think I have everything sorted but just after some little extras I may not have thought of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I looked forward to it too... and having done it, there is no way in hell I'm ever doing it again. Maybe ONCE for each child I have... and you know, when she's a teen and can help organise it... but never again. So much stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you got a theme? I always make sure there are enough activities/games/toys to keep them occupied - we have a cubby/tramp/swings/jumping castle/little roller coaster so there is a lot to do here but I still also do a few games -
    I do go overboard but figure ill only have 6-8 years of planning parties so in making the most of it!

next week is DS 3rd birthday with a disney Cars theme , I've organised 3 games, a treasure hunt ( which was a big hit last year) pass the parcel ( we have a prize box that gets passed and they pick what they want) and I've made cars out of cardboard boxes so they can do some car races

The food is also themed - we have adults as well as kids and I do traditional party food ( sausage rolls, chicken wings, fairy bread, toffees, honey joys, jelly cups , cup cakes ect) plus a normal food table, this years theme is food on a stick so I'm doing Greek salad sticks, chicken satay sticks, BBQ prawn kebabs, sword fish kebabs, ribs etc) plus I'm also doing a lolly buffet where each guest/family fills up a Cars bucket full of lollies! All the food ill pre make/marinate the day before and just cook in oven/BBQ on the day - ive roped in mum/sister/SIL and uncles to come over early and help set up/cut up food , I've ordered a lightening Mqueen ice cream cake which should be cool !

I've made each child a cardboard car, personalised drink bottle and hat plus we have a tattoo parlour ( cars tattoos) and a table with crayons, cars colouring in stuff

Ill also have a supplies table set up with sunscreen, hand sanitiser, wipes, band aids, bug spray ect - my party starts at 12, I'll leave about an hour for them to play with all our stuff and eat party food then we will serve the hot food at 1, start the games at 1.30 and aim for cake at 2.30, with people who want to leave can after that otherwise most people will stay all afternoon!

I'm sure you will have a great time - just plan everything and make sure you are organised!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have you got a theme? I always make sure there are enough activities/games/toys to keep them occupied - we have a cubby/tramp/swings/jumping castle/little roller coaster so there is a lot to do here but I still also do a few games -
    I do go overboard but figure ill only have 6-8 years of planning parties so in making the most of it!

next week is DS 3rd birthday with a disney Cars theme , I've organised 3 games, a treasure hunt ( which was a big hit last year) pass the parcel ( we have a prize box that gets passed and they pick what they want) and I've made cars out of cardboard boxes so they can do some car races

The food is also themed - we have adults as well as kids and I do traditional party food ( sausage rolls, chicken wings, fairy bread, toffees, honey joys, jelly cups , cup cakes ect) plus a normal food table, this years theme is food on a stick so I'm doing Greek salad sticks, chicken satay sticks, BBQ prawn kebabs, sword fish kebabs, ribs etc) plus I'm also doing a lolly buffet where each guest/family fills up a Cars bucket full of lollies! All the food ill pre make/marinate the day before and just cook in oven/BBQ on the day - ive roped in mum/sister/SIL and uncles to come over early and help set up/cut up food , I've ordered a lightening Mqueen ice cream cake which should be cool !

I've made each child a cardboard car, personalised drink bottle and hat plus we have a tattoo parlour ( cars tattoos) and a table with crayons, cars colouring in stuff

Ill also have a supplies table set up with sunscreen, hand sanitiser, wipes, band aids, bug spray ect - my party starts at 12, I'll leave about an hour for them to play with all our stuff and eat party food then we will serve the hot food at 1, start the games at 1.30 and aim for cake at 2.30, with people who want to leave can after that otherwise most people will stay all afternoon!

I'm sure you will have a great time - just plan everything and make sure you are organised!
    Omg! Your party sounds great! Can I come too?!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sure can- there will be plenty of food for everyone !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be organised, have a rough plan - let the kids run wild while everyone arrives - they love to explore other people's toys and backyard, be flexible and don't stress - I sometimes have had games we forgot to play or an accident when I was thinking of serving food. If the Mums and Dad's are coming have MIL or someone dedicated to keeping up with their cuppa's etc, I always find that takes so much time!! Do do some structured things at 6 years of age or younger or it all turns to ****e before the cake. I like to open presents in front of the givers, I would want to see party boy or girl open my present...so I usually ask the kids to put the present on the table, or warn my kid that's what we'll do and either before or after the cake (but near the end) sit down with the kids in the circle and they all hold their present, or put all in the middle, and give to the birthday child one at a time. I grab the card and write on the back what that person gave so the child can write a thank you - That's my intention but only think I've done it once!!
    Last edited by Big Girl; 13-10-2013 at 17:32. Reason: bad grammar

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    If you have a good backyard tell them to wear/bring swimmers and make a heap of water balloons or get little water pistols as well as a slip and slide. It will keep them busy for ages.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elijah's mum- yep our is ninjago themed. There is no actual ninjago party products so I've made them myself. As for the games I've got
    Ninja relays
    Pin the sword on the ninja
    Pass the ninja
    Ninja star throwing
    Ninjago bingo
    We also have a photo booth with props
    I've also designated time to serve the hot food as I want them to actually sit and eat proper food- well, not proper food but mini hot dogs, party pies and home made sausage rolls.
    As well as time for the cake & presents

If time permits- decorating ninjabread men and a treasure hunt but I doubt I'll get through all of the other games.

Party food is ninja jelly, cupcakes, cookies, Lego brownies, fruit swords. I've made labels for the pop top poppers (juice and water) so each kid will have their own.
    I've got a prize bag for any incidentals.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out Pinterest!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennybaby For This Useful Post: