+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Loss- do you ever get over it.

I had a missed miscarriage in 09 (our due date was 1st of october) and even tho I have a 19month old dd I find myself really struggling with losing my baby today.

Ive also been greiving alot for my twin sister who died just a month before we were born.

It just seems so silly that im still really upset about both. I just cant turn off the thoughts about them both.

Do you ever get over it (I dont mean that in a horrible way. I dont know how to explain. Sorry)
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't ever "get over" loss.

It gets easier to handle at times and may seem harder at other times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today it's been exactly 3 years since I miscarried twins, I had a missed miscarriage 2 months after that. I already had 2 children and now have a 3rd but I am still not over the losses it just gets a little easier to not cry as each year passes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt really me get over it. Ahhh I dont know what I meant really. I just never stop thinking about them and am often upset. Particularly cos I have a really strong sense of smell and most often than not I associate things with smell. Iykwim

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you ever get over loss. You learn to cope with it.

I think it's important to remember each person deals with loss in a deeply personal way, you don't grieve the same as the next person.

It's important to find your way of coping. Whether that be taking the time to sit down and have a cry, get the emotion out or speak with a friend or family member or even a professional, start a journal - it's good to recognise you are grieving and to be able to express it.

Sorry if I'm just rambling, basically I'm just saying I hope you are able to find your own way of coping OP.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost a baby in 2011. He was 18 weeks gestation and really unwell. I haven't got over it as such but I have changed the way I think about him. I gave him a name (Luc) and I often think about what he would be like. He should have passed away earlier than 18 weeks but (these are my thoughts) he was stubborn, tough, a creator of his own destiny and above all he chose me to be his mum. When I was newly pregnant with my now dd, he came to me in a dream and said 'here mum' and gave me a little pink bundle. Weeks later when I had my 20 week scan, sure enough, I was having a girl. I've been blessed to have had this little one come into my life. He has gone now but I am lucky to have had the experience of carrying him and being his mum. I hope things get easier for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I don't think you ever get over loss. You learn to cope with it.

I think it's important to remember each person deals with loss in a deeply personal way, you don't grieve the same as the next person.

It's important to find your way of coping. Whether that be taking the time to sit down and have a cry, get the emotion out or speak with a friend or family member or even a professional, start a journal - it's good to recognise you are grieving and to be able to express it.

Sorry if I'm just rambling, basically I'm just saying I hope you are able to find your own way of coping OP.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    ^^^ this.

Try and take some time to yourself if you need it today...xx

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never lost a baby to those that have.
    I have lost my mum though, 5 years ago. It was the worst time of my life and no, I'm not over it. I have moved past it, I have learned to live with it, but I still cry and miss my mum terribly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost a bub early this year and it has just changed me as a person. I don't feel like I'll ever be the same. Time makes the pain less intense but it's always still there. Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We lost our daughter at 20 weeks last December. I don't think you get over it, i think you just get used to it, there's a new normal you learn to cope and live with.