+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way! I absolutely love my in laws but I couldn't live with them. I don't think I could even live with my own mum. Again, love her more than anything but living together would be a big no no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do. They are in a granny flat though so we have our own space, and they are only here every 2nd week. They used to be in the house with us and that worked fine too. (Though I do prefer the situation now)

...I love it!! The weeks they are here MIL works til 2.30, then comes inside, plays with the kids for a couple of hours, has dinner then goes back out to her room. So we all have our own space. She has a day off while shes here so she does a once over of the house.. I used to fight her on this but now I just let her do it and appreciate what she does for us. If DH gets a night off while they are here (rare) MIL sits inside to babysit so we can have a date.

Yep I love it!!! But it took us a good 2.5 - 3 years to build a good relationship and never would have worked before this year as we were constantly fighting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. Because that would put my MIL back in a position to be able to parent/baby my DH. And he wouldn't be able to say no to her taking over. They have a weird co dependent relationship I don't quite get. Things would get messy and I would leave. Guaranteed

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Reeve; 09-05-2014 at 17:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lived with my inlaws for years while we were saving a house deposite. We had ds while living there and after 8 months I said we are moving out or im going. Big difference for me was I moved from my parents home and had never had my own house so I think thats why I was able to do it for so long. Now I have my own house I have no idea how I managed it for so long and I really feel it has lasting effects on mine and mils relationship. I think we would get along much better if we never lived together. It did enable us to save a lot of money though and I've not had to go back to work since having both our children so I suppose to me it was worth it for the time I get with my boys now. But would never do it ever again!!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have and never will again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell no.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell no!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I once really needed to stay with my mil. We were moving interstate, and the time between the movers collecting our stuff and them arriving at our new house was 12 days. Dh was already in qld, working, so it was just me and our 2 daughters. The b1tch said no, she'd said a reluctant yes, then 3 days before the movers arrive, said no. Said I couldn't stay there. She had the room too. She lives in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom place, and it's just her there. so I packed the entire house by myself, then the movers came and collected our stuff and here I was in an empty house. With a 1 and 3 year old.

So yeah, I would have happily lived with her, or if she ever needed to she could have come to live with us, but that was before. Now, never. If she was homeless living in a ditch, maybe, but I would resent every second of it. I think I'll be fine if I never lay eyes on her ever again.

My story probably doesn't help the op, but I do like to complain about mil!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tubster don't feel bad. The situation is what it is. You obviously don't have enough room for her and while her living situation currently isn't ideal it could be a lot worse. I'm sure she would get sick of not having her own space either if she moved in with you. Its the best thing for both of you imo