+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if it was mentioned but coupling a low gi in every meal may help.? Esp with breads.
    I see diabetes educator and endocrinologist, their advice to me is fasting sugars below 5.4 and 1 hour after I eat 7.4.
    I eat 2 carbs (15g = 1 carb) for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Although I go over every now and then.
    A diabetes educator will help so much as the whole thing is so overwhelming and they should give you a number to call so you can discuss your levels. Make sure your dr refers you to one. I know of ones in the Illawarra if you in the area?!
    Best thing to do is not stress because stress, illness (even a sore throat!) and exertion can cause high readings. If you are stressing about the levels then it may be increasing your levels, I know sounds bizarre!
    Ps. I have similar handout someone posted on here previously from the diabetes clinic. Very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuz78au View Post
    I don't know if it was mentioned but coupling a low gi in every meal may help.? Esp with breads.
    I see diabetes educator and endocrinologist, their advice to me is fasting sugars below 5.4 and 1 hour after I eat 7.4.
    I eat 2 carbs (15g = 1 carb) for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Although I go over every now and then.
    A diabetes educator will help so much as the whole thing is so overwhelming and they should give you a number to call so you can discuss your levels. Make sure your dr refers you to one. I know of ones in the Illawarra if you in the area?!
    Best thing to do is not stress because stress, illness (even a sore throat!) and exertion can cause high readings. If you are stressing about the levels then it may be increasing your levels, I know sounds bizarre!
    Ps. I have similar handout someone posted on here previously from the diabetes clinic. Very helpful!
    Thank you, my bub is now 3wks old, and healthy. My diabetes is gone

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how exciting! Congratulations! ) xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kuz78au For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (13-01-2014)