+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would suggest using the savings you do have to go towards a bond. Maybe have a look and see if you can get a private rental somewhere (gumtree sometimes have these advertised) and you could even try garage sales or online for second hand furniture to get you started..
    I'd say the fridge is the most important but you could probably get a small fridge for a couple of hundred to get you through - washing can be done at a laundromat if need be.
    Or you might even be lucky to find something partly furnished.

Don't think of it as spending your savings, just look at it as being saved elsewhere - when you move out and if you have kept the house in good condition, you will get the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience Belmont View Post
    It all depends on your situation, are you both working? If so i don't think you would get housing commission. Look for private rentals as these are usually easier to gt, and yes savings are there for a reason, to pay for things you need, bond, furniture etc. You can ick up cheap furniture from op shops to start with
    My partner only just got a new job yesterday. But he is horrible at saving money. Im on centrelink for now but the main problem with saving more money was he would go through his whole pay in a few days to a week. I have talked to him about prioritising but he is stubborn. Doesnt like being told how to do things. He calls me mother sometimes lol.. but yeah i was the main one paying for everything. How would i get a private rental or where to find them?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    How would i get a private rental or where to find them?
    Have a look on gumtree. Someone might have a furnished granny flat that you could rent.

Another thing to look at would be villas/cabins in a caravan park. Not the ideal situation, but it would be furnished and be your own space.