+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would suggest using the savings you do have to go towards a bond. Maybe have a look and see if you can get a private rental somewhere (gumtree sometimes have these advertised) and you could even try garage sales or online for second hand furniture to get you started..
    I'd say the fridge is the most important but you could probably get a small fridge for a couple of hundred to get you through - washing can be done at a laundromat if need be.
    Or you might even be lucky to find something partly furnished.

    Don't think of it as spending your savings, just look at it as being saved elsewhere - when you move out and if you have kept the house in good condition, you will get the money back.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience Belmont View Post
    It all depends on your situation, are you both working? If so i don't think you would get housing commission. Look for private rentals as these are usually easier to gt, and yes savings are there for a reason, to pay for things you need, bond, furniture etc. You can ick up cheap furniture from op shops to start with
    My partner only just got a new job yesterday. But he is horrible at saving money. Im on centrelink for now but the main problem with saving more money was he would go through his whole pay in a few days to a week. I have talked to him about prioritising but he is stubborn. Doesnt like being told how to do things. He calls me mother sometimes lol.. but yeah i was the main one paying for everything. How would i get a private rental or where to find them?

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    How would i get a private rental or where to find them?
    Have a look on gumtree. Someone might have a furnished granny flat that you could rent.

    Another thing to look at would be villas/cabins in a caravan park. Not the ideal situation, but it would be furnished and be your own space.


Similar Threads

  1. Renting in qld - form 1a
    By Night Owl in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-08-2013, 16:47
  2. pets and renting
    By missymoo9 in forum Pets
    Replies: 292
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 15:24
  3. Single and Renting?
    By HMB in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-12-2012, 06:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!