+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    now that I think of it rainbowroad depending on the property manager they may or may not check inside the oven. Just make sure you give it a wipeover beforehand.
    This was my first thought, also light fittings and any ceiling fans. I also go around under the eaves with a broom to brush away cob webs. Weeds in the garden beds need pulling out too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've totally forgotten we've been due for an inspection and they have turned up befire I've cleaned! they are not looking to see how clean you are, they are checking that you haven't destroyed the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    We have a pretty good property manager, but she just does a quick walk around to check that we have not put holes in the walls and stuff like that, and asks if there are any problems and that's it really. Lucky to take 5 mins, which I hate because I've always put in heaps of effort to make the place spotless! I'm not sure what state you are in but if its a periodic inspection in NSW they apparently can't do much even if the house is messy as long as you haven't damaged the property. As far as adding bub on to the lease, we just did it the next time we renewed the lease as per the agent's instructions
    This. I used to go mad cleaning, then realised that there was no point they are there for 2 mins checking you haven't wrecked the place. This is in nsw.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I also go around under the eaves with a broom to brush away cob webs. Weeds in the garden beds need pulling out too.
    Oh yep this too.

I wish my PM was so casual about it all, if I miss any of the above she sends me a breach notice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Oh yep this too.

I wish my PM was so casual about it all, if I miss any of the above she sends me a breach notice!
    Wow! That's a bit over the top!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Oh yep this too.

For real?! Heaven forbid you actual just enjoy living for a while and allow a cobweb to appear

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    One time my brother (landlord) asked me to go with the property manager to do the inspection for him because he couldn't make it. All we looked for was to make sure no damage to walls and place looked ok ie neat and not trashed. Was really quick walk around. I dunno maybe our standards not as high as some other places.
    Btw all the best with the upcoming arrival of your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    We have a rental property and get sent photos of the inspections that are carried out. Things that are important to us I guess are - clean oven and cook top, clean grout in the bathrooms, paintwork to be mark free, no holes in walls or doors or stains on carpets. Never too worried about clutter of the amount of possessions tenants have. Really just that the tenants are keeping on top of things so expensive items such as cookers, carpets etc still look nice and newish for the next tenants.
    No marks on walls / stains on carpets?

These places get lived in im pretty sure thats classed as regular wear and tear and carpets have to be steamed cleaned upon vacating anyway??

Some marks do not come of walls and the re agent when we moved in to our current place pointed it out on walls here and said theres not much they can do.

Holes in walls etc is obviously different.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (11-10-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    For real?! Heaven forbid you actual just enjoy living for a while and allow a cobweb to appear

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I know, funny thing is we have a really bad mosquito outbreak here at the moment

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah some property managers sound scary. I live in the house so it's not a show home. But I keep it clean and I tend the garden as best I can at 8 months pregnant and I love the house, and take pride in living there so I hope they can see that even if the windows aren't sparkling, or there's a weed in a garden bed.