+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Rental inspection

I have my first ever rental inspection in 2 weeks time and as I'm new to this world (and have heard some horror stories) please tell me:

Anything I need to pay attention to? The house will be cleaned anyway and lawn mowed beforehand. But anything special that requires attention? I'll be 37.5 weeks then so would like to get anything laborious done ASAP.

Also, do I need to tell them when I have my baby so they add him to the lease? Or not worry because it's not like I'm subletting his room to him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    now that I think of it rainbowroad depending on the property manager they may or may not check inside the oven. Just make sure you give it a wipeover beforehand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let them know when you've had the baby. Its not really too big of a deal but they like to know how many occupants a house has in case of emergencies fire and that sort of stuff.

Id make sure things like air con are dust free and window tracks and basically anything that can if let go and not attended to on a regular basis could cause maintenance issues. Dust on ceiling fan blades if you have them is a big one. Mould in showers is another biggy. I dont pay attention to the overall cleanliness or tidyness in my rentals as everyone has a diffrrent standard. I more look at things maintenance and if something could be cleaner to avoid me fixing it in a few months such as air con vents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a pretty good property manager, but she just does a quick walk around to check that we have not put holes in the walls and stuff like that, and asks if there are any problems and that's it really. Lucky to take 5 mins, which I hate because I've always put in heaps of effort to make the place spotless! I'm not sure what state you are in but if its a periodic inspection in NSW they apparently can't do much even if the house is messy as long as you haven't damaged the property. As far as adding bub on to the lease, we just did it the next time we renewed the lease as per the agent's instructions

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dusting esp widow sills, tracks, light fittings, fans inc exhaust fans.
    Bathrooms.
    Kitchen esp cupboards, benches, oven, splashbacks and randehood.
    Walls- remove any marks inc doors.
    Windows- wash inside and out.
    Floors.
    Tend garden.

Sure there is probably more...
    List any mantinence issues for them too.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Re baby just let them know via email

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I just make sure everything is clean and tidy. I don't bother going all out and doing a full on bond style clean.
    The property managers I've had usually just do a quick wander around and ask if anything needs attention.
    I think the only thing I 'failed' last time was some dust on the fan blades.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a rental property and get sent photos of the inspections that are carried out. Things that are important to us I guess are - clean oven and cook top, clean grout in the bathrooms, paintwork to be mark free, no holes in walls or doors or stains on carpets. Never too worried about clutter of the amount of possessions tenants have. Really just that the tenants are keeping on top of things so expensive items such as cookers, carpets etc still look nice and newish for the next tenants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just clean and tidy. There's no need to go overboard.

As for bub, maybe just send an email to the PM.

Best wishes, it's so close now

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks all! I keep the house in good nick anyway (bit pedantic here!) but it's probably a good opportunity to tick off some of the jobs I hate doing before bub arrives. Not washing windows though - can't reach half of them!