Hi ladies,
I have hoped to get some advice from any other lady who has been or is in my position.

I am bipolar and have recently come off certain meds as my husband & I are trying to conceive our first child. Whilst this is an extremely exciting time for us, and we both have put a lot of time and thought into this decision, it did not come without a great deal of discussion and professional advice to ensure the road ahead is as problem-free as possible! It was an easy decision for me, as of course I will always put my baby/child first, but obviously there are reprecussions which I will need to deal with down the track.

My husband is the most supportive person I have ever met, particularly with my condition so I have no concerns about my support network.

I would like to hear any stories from women who have made the decision to come off meds, or chosen to stay on them, and how this affected conception and pregnancy.

(The decision to come off meds was due to one of my main meds being a type D drug, which means if I fell pregnant on it, termination is recommended or have a high risk of deformation)

I understand this can be a difficult anf highly personal topic for anyone, so any general info is appreciated. I do not have anyone close to me with a similar issue.

Many thanks