I'm returning to work in a couple of months and DP is going to reduce his hours to 3 days a week.

It's going to a bit of an adjustment for both of us and I'm hoping to stage my return to full time over a couple of months. I only hae 2 days child care at the moment so don have much choice anyway. I'm sure he'll be fine with DS although the longest that he's looked after him in a stretch is only 4 hours.

A few things are bothering me:

1). Is there any level of support in the community for SAHD's? I go to mothers group once or twice a week. We don't have family or lots of friends so this keeps me sane. Is there something similar for dads? Even though he'll only be at home 2 days a week, it can pretty isolating at times.

2). I have a fairly stressful job and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with doing a full day and then night feedings as well. I'm BF'ing at the moment and was hoping to keep going or at least mix feed. At the moment DS is 5-1/2 months and is waking anywhere between 1 and 3 times a night. Does anyone have success stories or coping strategies for this?

3). As stated above, I'm hoping to continue to BF. This will obviously mean that I have to express at work. DS currently feeds every 2 to 2-1/2 hours so I would have to express 3-4 times in a work day. It can take half an hour for me to get 125ml expressed which means up to 2 hours over the course of a day. No way can I afford that long away from my desk, let alone the days where I'm in meetings all day (usually only a few times a month). How do you cope with that?

4). If I decide to wean onto formula, when should I start? I know the basic process but what do I do if he refuses formula? He at least takes EBM from bottles so that shouldn't be an issue. We're doing BLW so he's not going to be getting a lot of solids for months and milk is supposed to be the main thing for the first year anyway.

Sorry for the long post but any insights would be appreciated.