+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    I found the guilt was attached to comparing myself with other mums. When I stopped doing that and looked at what my baby preferred to do I was happy then. I have people telling me my two year old should be "past that stage" when it comes to afternoon sleeps. But he gets them along with his younger brother and he's all the better for it (and so am I!). And it's when I get my ''me" time to read, study or sleep.

I asked my mum what she did when I was that age. Did she go out. She said back then there weren't many places to go, the local park was littered with drunks and women in pubs were frowned upon, not that she ever went to the pub anyway. So she stayed at home and invented things for us to do.
    Totally agree!! 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    When does anyone do housework? I seem to spend all day trying to clean my house!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha ... I'm with you!! DS1 is a perfect little helper - lucky because I'm pretty sure DS2 is some kind of secret agent whose mission is to make as much mess as humanly/non humanly possible!!!

My day consists of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, doing school drop off and pick up, fixing broken things, cleaning, playing with the boys, popping outside to swim in our pool, homework with DS1, going go the gym at night - boys in creche, cooking, packing next days lunches, cleaning & folding washing while watching TV

We don't have a yard as we are in an apartment complex 3 levels up. On the weekends we go to the beach, playgrounds, visit friends a bit. But during the week I usually work 4 days I'm just on leave at the moment.

I do find I still have a fair amount of down time. DS2 sleeps for an hour or so in the day and I'm really selfish - put my feet up and either read, BH or watch DVDs.

DS1 also does tennis once a week but DS2 doesn't do any extra curricula activities... Apart from painting my ensuite in makeup and his carpet in sudo cream.

I don't interact with my kids all day though. Quite often they keep each other company building tracks on their train table, racing cars & playing with toys. I always rarely bring out the craft box/play dough. They do heaps of that at school and daycare so I pretty much dust my hands of it. In school holidays it happens more regularly. They both absolutely love cooking with me.... Which they do often - but to be honest I often whip things up when they are in bed so I can do it quickly and without mess!! Evil mummy I am :/
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 11-11-2013 at 14:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Not sure if this is off topic and sorry if it is but what age did you all start doing activities ie library reading/play group etc my dd is 10months and we do nothing outside of home. I play with her a lot but we don't actually go out and do certain things. There will be times in home 3-4 days in a row and that doesn't include sick times. And if we do go out its usually to the shops or lunch that's about it...
    I've been taking my girls to library time since 10wks old and playgroup since 5mths ish. They are now 16mths and 3yo.

We do something everyday in the morning for 30min-90min.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    When does anyone do housework? I seem to spend all day trying to clean my house!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    After kids have gone to bed i put the washing on. after our dinner, dh does the dishes. I hang washing out and sweep and mop. Disinfect the toilet. This is all done by 9pm at the latest. Then we chill and watch tv in bed or DH does his work stuff on pc.

While kids have their day sleep i bring in yesterdays washing, fold and put away while watching a tv show. do breakfast and lunch dishes and a vacc of the living room only - this is the only room that needs a daily vacc, the rest of the house gets done weekly while dh takes kids out of a weekend. This all takes an hour and i have "me time" for the next 1.5hrs.

I try to make sure im not stuck doing housework while the kids are awake, for starters its impossible, takes twice as long and they end up misbehaving.

We go out of a morning, out the door by 9am or the place gets trashed. All i have to do is get us up, fed and dressed. Nappy bag is always pre packed of a night and already in car. Everything else can wait untill their nap time. Morning tea is usually while we are out.

home for lunch and naps. We try to eat outside as much as possible.
    Kids like to be outside a fair bit, so i will prep dinner/feed pets while they play on the verandah in my view on their swings/slide mini trampolie ect. I set up alot of activities outside. drawing, waterplay, playdoh, painting (eisel is outside).

inside everything has a place and we have a massive toy box so its really easy for dd to pack up, she likes putting things back "in their spots". We have a play "area" so their toys are not all over the house. Makes it easier and the place is not as cluttered.
    their bedrooms are neat, plain and simple and their "good toys" are only kept in there - on display so they can still play with them. Its rare they are able to mess up their rooms. Ive made them pretty "mess proof".

On a weekend i will ask dh to take the kids grocery shopping with him while i do a good clean of bathrooms, vaccume, mop and strip the beds. Sometimes we rotate who cleans and who shops but i like staying home and cleaning without interruptions! Takes 2 hrs of a sat or sun morning then the rest of the wekend is "ours".
    Last edited by Beefie; 12-11-2013 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Not sure if this is off topic and sorry if it is but what age did you all start doing activities ie library reading/play group etc my dd is 10months and we do nothing outside of home. I play with her a lot but we don't actually go out and do certain things. There will be times in home 3-4 days in a row and that doesn't include sick times. And if we do go out its usually to the shops or lunch that's about it...
    dd was visiting the library from 15mths old (when she only had the one day sleep and we could get to the session time!) she was not at all interested and i spent the whole 30mins chasing after her, trying to get her to sit, listen, sing, interact ect..arghhh exhausting!
    Shes been going ever since and has improved, she's just not one to sit and listen for very long!
    I joined a paygroup when she was 18mths and that was the best thing i ever did! met some lovely mummies and dd gets alot out of it.

DS has gone to library and playgroup since before he was born. Once he was born, he did not have a say in it, unfortunately! and had to tag along. Luckily, he's great and either sleeps or eats the whole time

They both come home ready for a good sleep - so its in mummy's favour too!
    Last edited by Beefie; 12-11-2013 at 13:46.