+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Who has a Dyson stick vac?

So I've wanted a Dyson for aaaaages.

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and purchasing the Dyson DC44 (pictured below) to use as my main vacuum cleaner. I have no carpet, just floor boards and tiles and I find it quick and easy to vac my house (3 bedrooms, one storey, not a massive house).

For those who have a Dyson stick vacuum, do you think it's possible to use it as your only vacuum? I just like the idea of it being cordless and we can whiz around the house with it.

DC44-Hero__V392050415_.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your hands are up to holding the trigger the whole time it'll be right. Beware long hair gets trapped in the spinning head even on my big dyson. I want a stick one too but can't justify it when I have a big one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the DC23 (top of the range barrel vac with motorised head) for once a week vacuums and then the stick vac for daily use. The usage time is 15 minutes so not sure if it would be enough to do a full house vac.
    I'd still want to so a "proper" vacuum at least weekly when using the stick.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    I'd still want to so a "proper" vacuum at least weekly when using the stick.
    That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend all that money but still feel that I need to do a 'proper' vacuum. I would want the stick to be my main vacuum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! We just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing, I love it. I use it so regularly there has been no need to get the big one out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I don't have a dyson stick vacuum, but do have a barrel one which I love. I recently decided I needed a stick vacuum as well to use for quick messes (eg toddler food mess) each day. I was all set to buy a dyson but an Electrolux swayed me. You can use it as an upright stick vac or detach a piece and use as a hand held DustBuster, has a lithium battery which lasts quite a while, quite good suction for a small vacuum. If you want the stick vacuum as your only vac then I would take a look at one of these.

The app is being annoying and freezes every time I try to insert a link, but it's one of these: http://www.electrolux.com.au/Product...rgeable/ZB2942

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I don't have a dyson stick vacuum, but do have a barrel one which I love. I recently decided I needed a stick vacuum as well to use for quick messes (eg toddler food mess) each day. I was all set to buy a dyson but an Electrolux swayed me. You can use it as an upright stick vac or detach a piece and use as a hand held DustBuster, has a lithium battery which lasts quite a while, quite good suction for a small vacuum. If you want the stick vacuum as your only vac then I would take a look at one of these.

The app is being annoying and freezes every time I try to insert a link, but it's one of these: http://www.electrolux.com.au/Product...rgeable/ZB2942
    Summastarlet, do you need to hold down the trigger like the dyson or is there an on off switch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the pet stick one and love it. I only need to do big vacuum every couple of weeks and that's only because we have carpet and two fluffy dogs inside. Since you have all hate Flores I think you would be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    Summastarlet, do you need to hold down the trigger like the dyson or is there an on off switch?
    There's an on/off switch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Dyson stick and find that my hand hurts after a few minutes holding down the trigger. Also the battery will only last a certain amount of time (depending if on normal or MAX).
    I use my main vacuum weekly and the Dyson in-between over main areas (kitchen, meals, lounge, entry etc). Sometimes I 'dust mop' the bedroom floorboards and hallway and use the Dyson to do the rest of the house.

My main vacuum needs repair and even though I have the Dyson, I am still spending $100 to repair my main vacuum.