+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby shower gift registry

Ok so I feel like I've been living under a rock- I only just found out about baby shower gift registry when I was out shopping yesterday.. I could not believe the cheek of it!
    To me this is the most tacky, presumptuous idea ever and I would be quite shocked if I was ever invited to a shower with a registry.

What does everyone else think? Has anyone been to one before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would never consider it for my own baby shower personally. The idea just doesn't sit well with me.

I've never been to a shower with a registry, I just asked my friends what they needed and then picked what I thought they might like for a price I could afford. Feels a lot more personal I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am having a baby shower in a couple of weeks and I could never bring myself to register for gifts - i find it a bit rude to be honest.

Instead I gave a list of what we still need to my family hosting it and they sorted out the gifts for me much nicer and I don't feel like i am making them bring me a gift

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find any sort of gift registry shallow and presumptuous.

ETA - unless it is made clear that a gift is not expected, and that the registry is only for people who insist on giving a gift.
    Last edited by shelle65; 11-10-2013 at 11:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I held a baby shower, but definitely did not create a gift registry. I know this is done for weddings...but maybe a bit too far for baby shower imo. I think gifts come form the heart and really are the thoughts that count.