+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Small baby?

Just had my 32 week growth scan and the ultrasound guy said shes measuring a bit small for dates. I think he said 18th percentile. But he also said shes around 1.8kg or just under 4 pound.

Ive dr googled and this appears to be normal for gestation.

He said fluid is great and blood flow to the cord is great and placenta is great and bubs in in proportion.

Am I worrying about nothing? I have this 18th percintile thing stuck in my head now. As he said below 10 is cause for concern.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't comment too much as im 39 weeks and still waiting for bub to come out- but ive had 4 ultrasounds in my last trimester due to small fundal height and bub has been between 8-20th percentile at the scans, but because placenta looks good, fluid good and she is growing each time they are happy with it.
    So I guess when I eventually have this bub we will see if everything is ok and she is just a small bub.

P.s im only small too and so is hubby and my first was 7pound at 38weeks so I think thats another reason why they are not as worried

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all the best for your birth. Very exciting for you! Both my babies were average 7.14 and 8.8 pounds. So I dont know if they take that into account. But im not huge neither is my family. And she is growing they've determined that. I also read they can put on half pound per week from now until birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Thank you all the best for your birth. Very exciting for you! Both my babies were average 7.14 and 8.8 pounds. So I dont know if they take that into account. But im not huge neither is my family. And she is growing they've determined that. I also read they can put on half pound per week from now until birth.

It's so hard because even my last bub they did an ultrasound the day before delivery and estimated her to be over 8pound and she was 7pound so there is such a big margin for error I recon. Only time will tell!!
    If your bub wasnt growing thats when id be concerned but if they are then I recon it will be ok

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby was always measuring low too. She was born at 20th percentile. By 6 months she was like 75th so don't worry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was measuring small and at 38 weeks had a fundal height of 35cm.....she came out 8.8 pounds......ultrasound measurements are very irregular especially at the later end of pregnancy.....

Me + DH = DS and DD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told I was having a small baby at 36 weeks. My fundal height was behind and hadnt increased for a few weeks. OB sent me for some extra monitoring and growth scans. She was born at 38+5 at 6lb 10oz or 3010g so turned out to be on the smaller side but completely normal. We had problems afterwards with her being unable to breast feed and ended up being admitted to special care, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with her original size.
    She is now nearly 5 months, 6.7kg, such a chubby bubby with gorgeous fat rolls everywhere!
    I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. Some people just carry small and not everyone has big 9lb babies!
    Last edited by MillieMollyMandy; 11-10-2013 at 12:39. Reason: iPad went crazy!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD I had extra scans because she was measuring small. It was decided that like you blood flow, fluid etc we're fine and baby was in proportion.

When she was born at 40 weeks she was 2.7kg, so a little small but still 'normal'.

8 months later she is still a little bub, and we are constantly having her weighed by the Dr, but she is happy, healthy and even chubby, just little.

For every child in the 100th percentile there has to be someone at the other end. That's my dd!

Good luck!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (06-11-2013),galoomp  (14-10-2013),Miados2007  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update for the op- I had my bub 10 days ago and even up until my 40 week check I was measuring 37cm and ultrasound was still showing she would be a small baby- 10th percentile.
    Well she came out 8 pound 2! So definitely take the "small baby" with a grain of salt I think because there is such a margain for error

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    Update for the op- I had my bub 10 days ago and even up until my 40 week check I was measuring 37cm and ultrasound was still showing she would be a small baby- 10th percentile.
    Well she came out 8 pound 2! So definitely take the "small baby" with a grain of salt I think because there is such a margain for error

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Congratulations! Thats awesome news. Its timely you reply today with your update as im having my 36 week scan in a few hours so we will see how bub is going. I am still stressing but you've given me hope and I know she's growing as im getting bigger and I can feel shes running out of room.

Thanks again for your reply. Ill post later with her measurements but ill try take it with a grain of salt. X