+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Her birthday is a time to celebrate her life and what she has done so far. Its hard when you have so many challenges still ahead ... but she is your little miracle, and sometimes you need to be able to take a step back and celebrate how precious she is.

for your DH not being there. That makes it so much harder for you.

And huge for your loss of being able to have more. I know how that is (found out after DD that I can not have any more ... its so heartbreaking). It does get better though. It takes a long time, but it does get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hubby and I seen another GP before he went back to work and decided we would try once more. But dunno if I can even fall. And if/when I do I'm going to be so anxious... All the way thru.

Yeah I know- it's supposed tone a happy time. But I was alone (had my mum) and dh wasn't there... He was at work-Just like this year... It feels like history repeating itself iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully a good nights sleep helps things. Put my dd to bed and now I'm heading for an early night. Things can only look up from here! Right? I can't feel as low as I did today!! Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My third bub was a 31 weeker and he's just turned two. Birthdays are hard. They should be joyful but for me his first was anything but. It just brought everything to the surface - he may have entered the world on that day, but he wasn't meant to be in it yet. I instead chose to focus on his come home day. That is the anniversary that I choose to dwell on and remember. DH and I have a champagne, and we have a meal with his older siblings because it was such a special day for them too.

I don't know, it's different for everyone but that's something that helped me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you had a good night sleep!

Kitty has great advice. .. my DH and I will celebrate the milestones in our dds life too.. like the dates of coming home and her surgeries. .. because she came through them and is better for it. They are big deals to us. I hope you can find some positives to dwell on during this hard time. Big hugs. .. wishing a good night's sleep for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't really have a great sleep but I'm sure once my dds birthday has been and gone that will fix itself. It's just the lead up to that day. I'm staying with my mum on her bday as I know I will be emotional.

She's such a happy little girl now- even though she has so many appointments and therapies still. I just don't know why I can't be as happy as her. Trauma is a huge thing and I hate the early memories I have of her journey. It was a horrible and sad time of all of our lives.

I think talking / venting about it here is helping somewhat. I have kept it bottled in for so long and pretend to everyone in real life that everything's ok. I think I need to admit it's not and maybe my feelings towards this issue will ease. I know they won't completely go away. They will just be easier to live with...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dislike my mother in law even more now... She said yesterday on the phone to me that I should be over all my issues with my daughter now- "oh it's been two years- you should be over it by now!" Arghhhh yeah she didn't have to live that life! I had to!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You need to ignore that rubbish. Silly woman.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to try naturopathy to help with anxiety I think. Not even antidepressants are really helping a great deal.

I wish it was just as easy as how my mother in law thinks!

I told my hubby what she said to me and he went nuts at her! Good to know that I wasn't being completely out of line with my words to her!!! Starting to stand up for myself! Guess that's one step closer to recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, a lot has happened in the last few weeks.

I went to see a naturopath and was given flower essences drops to help my anxiety and panic attacks and I'm pleased to say they have been working for the most part.

I am still unfortunately very undecided on the whole TTC journey. I unpacked a whole heap of baby things the other day and I had absolutely no desire to fill them with baby number 2 so hubby and I spoke and decided to get my body back on track first and hopefully it won't be long before we are actively trying again. I have had severe IBS and found that stress is a major contributor so one less stress I suppose would be taken off my shoulders so to speak.

I've decided for the minute to just try and finish my EA course and enjoy my two yr old DD as they grow up too fast.
    Looking to possibly return to part time work in July next yr. which I think will do me good.

My social life has been lacking and friends have disappeared so it's time to make new ones I Spose!

I'm trying to be positive and I must say things are looking up... Now that there's a plan in place for the future well- somewhat anyway.