+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs Join us over in the secondary infertility thread if you feel up to it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hugs Join us over in the secondary infertility thread if you feel up to it xx
    Hey @bel2466 we aren't Ttc tho and probably never will ever again due to the risk.

Thanks @heymegz for info and support.

Looks like I'll be going on antidepressants sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by LysnDan; 11-10-2013 at 16:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Have you got a counsellor or psych? It could really help you on your way to healing. Sometimes it takes a bit to find the right person. I have a counsellor, psychologist, psychiatrist and social worker and I find the counsellor the most help.

Anti depressants can take a bit to find the right one and the right dose too and are a bandaid to help you cope
    While you deal with your circumstances and emotions. I'm on a high dose and look forward to being free of all Meds. One day
    Hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey no I went to a psych and it was really no help. I don't feel like she was really even listening to me in the end. My gp is surprised I haven't been on meds at all since the birth of my ex 29 weeker and all of my losses.

I suffer regular and frequent panic attacks and sleep issues as well as the grief.

Just wish it wasn't all so crippling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I understand, I have major mental
    Health issues although for different reasons. It might be worth shopping around, I have always found counsellors more help than psychs. Just a matter of finding someone or a group that you click with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly think as I talk about it more to professionals they don't understand and the only people who do are people who have previously gone through what I have.
    They just look at me and they r like oh yeah- and how does that make u feel? Blah blah and I'm like hang on I'm paying for you to tell me how to get better not to ask me how I'm feeling. You can see me cry etc

The more and more I open up- the more I feel like my problems aren't going to ever get fixed. no matter what I do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you consider seeing another Psychologist. It sounds like the first one you had just wasn't a good fit for you at all.
    Panic attacks are absolutely horrid! You've done well to get this far without falling in a heap. Google the Australian Psychological Society and have a look at the psychologists affiliated with it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think psychologists work for me. I've seen 3 psychs and a social worker and councillor at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    I honestly think as I talk about it more to professionals they don't understand and the only people who do are people who have previously gone through what I have.
    They just look at me and they r like oh yeah- and how does that make u feel? Blah blah and I'm like hang on I'm paying for you to tell me how to get better not to ask me how I'm feeling. You can see me cry etc

The more and more I open up- the more I feel like my problems aren't going to ever get fixed. no matter what I do
    Yes I completely understand. I always find counsellors much more help for specific problems because often they are in their profession for the reason that they have been through it. Also, support groups are great. I find them so good when you find a group of people who have been through similar things. It's SO good to feel understood. I feel a bit irritated by psychs as they have generally learnt everything from
    A book. Jmo.

I understand completely about being overwhelmed about never getting better

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yeah. Panic attacks are horrid