+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Redecorating/new furniture

I am so sick of our tired old furniture that over the last 6 years has been spewed on, pooed on, wee'd on...you name it and I really want to upgrade EVERYTHING!
    We have a 4.5yr old and an 11mth old, undecided if we'll have another child, both my kids are reflux bubs who spew all the time, we have 2 cats and a dog, all inside animals (although one will probably not be here much longer)
    Main things I want new of is the couch, new rug and new dining setting, kid and animal friendly.
    we have a small amount of savings which we can add to each month but I want new stuff now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so hearing you and we were getting closer to it but then DSS camealong so we are not even considering itfor a good 4-5 years now. Mine are 5, 3.5 and 6m.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got ours on finance from super A Mart. 60 months interest free.

We spent $3500 on new furniture and pay $122 a month. It's great!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't help you with the 'now' aspect of things, but you should consider ikea for couches at least.

They have removable and washable covers - something that is incredibly handy with kids and pets. You can also get custom covers from places like www.bemz.com that means you don't have to feel like you have the same couch as a million other people.

Otherwise go for good quality leather. It's easy to clean spills off and scratches and marks lend to the patina. Well. Somewhat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you go the ikea sofas there is a company called comfort works which do the covers also. Such a great option for families!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I can't help you with the 'now' aspect of things, but you should consider ikea for couches at least.

They have removable and washable covers - something that is incredibly handy with kids and pets. You can also get custom covers from places like www.bemz.com that means you don't have to feel like you have the same couch as a million other people.

Otherwise go for good quality leather. It's easy to clean spills off and scratches and marks lend to the patina. Well. Somewhat.
    Yeah im leaning towards leather for the wipe clean easiness of it and also oyr fabric furniture I think has absorbed odours etc. We'll do the couches and dining setting now then window treatments and repainting later when we've saved up more $$$

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app