+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 recurrent chemical pregnancies, ivf, donor eggs and thailand surrogacy! any help!!

hello.its been sometime since ive posted on here, but needing opinions from anyone who thinks they can help in some way however little it may be.MY STORY REALLY QUICK-12 months trying naturally no pregnancy, 3 years of ivf in Australia myself and husband. I have endo he has now got poor sperm. 4 chemical pregnancies via IVF in OZ HCG bottoms out by second confirmation pregnancy. we did a donor egg ICSI cycle using surrogate in Thailand last month and got a chemical pregnancy result same as before. taking my body out of the equation and getting same result is troublesome and devastating. not to mention very costly. The mans sperm seems to be the only link in these scenarios now. any one have any recommendations for a good sperm doctor in Australia preferably NSW or a recurrent miscarriage recommendation for us to possibly look at doing ivf in Australia again. Getting to the point where I think I am fighting a losing battle trying to have a family. I am honestly just plain lost and my heart is just broken. really struggling. thankyou for listening, sam any help from anyone who feels they have exhausted every avenue possible and any ideas I would welcome on where to go from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sammy, sorry you are having such a tough time, i dont know too much about your situation but have you been tested or had treatment for high natural killer cells which can sometimes be the cause of chemical pregnancies/miscarriages/infertility?
    There are lots of ladies on here that you give you some more info on this area
    Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to ask the same as bel. There is a section on here for reproductive immunology and specifically a large thread about nk cells. Many of us have had recurrent mc or many years of infertility behind us. Feel free to read through the thread as well as joining in to ask any questions you have. I didn't do ivf so can't really help on that side of things

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same as the pp's. Depends on what's your swimmer issue!

A few friends with high killer cells etc have done well seeing a naturopath.

We have swimmers with no acrosomes so icsi fixes that easy.

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear your journey.... it's so incredibly hard and your strength is incredible.

I was going to say the same thing... have you been tested for NK cells or ANA? I have had 1 chem pregnancy and found out yesterday after a biopsy that I have high NK cells so this cycle I will be treated for it with low dose steroids and a blood thinner.

Has your FS done any other testing to see what might be causing the MC's??

Hang in there...

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey ladies thankyou for taking the time to give me your feed back I really appreciate. seems NK testing should happen. been tested for everything else. cannot remember why I haven't been tested for them to be honest. probably got lost with everything else we were doing lol I do have ANA border line positive and ACA low levels. we used heparin or clexane in our ivf cycles.when we used it and didn't use it got the same result. will be checking out the swimmers intensly aswell. and I will jump on the thread. thankyou. all this time thinking its been my body with endo and immune stuff it could be the swimmers. im at the point where I cannot imagine myself pregnant as ive thought for years I will never carry a pregnancy to the thought of possibly being able to carry scares the absolute bejebus out of me after everything we have done I don't know whether I would stress myself into losing it if it ever does work! what a mind trip! xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't lose hope!!! You can and WILL get your dream if you stick with it. I have unfortunately been in the position to research this area. Since your eggs were out of the equation and your body was also out I think it is likely the sperm. ON SPERM: there is merit in having additional testing done: here are some websites which discuss sperm issues. Often sperm issues mean the embryo runs out of oomph- http://malereproduction.com/male-infertility-2/scsa/2/ http://www.tdlpathology.com/services...?articlepage=1 http://www.healthline.com/health-blo...pregnancy-loss Some sperm issues can be addressed with increasing anti-oxidants and zero alcohol intake, weight loss (if that is a factor). Alternatively, donor sperm may be your last option. Donor sperm with your eggs may be worth revisiting since you are still young- with or without the surrogate depending on the state of your endo. Here are some 'general' sites about why IVF fails: http://www.laivfclinic.com/invitrofertilizationivf http://www.ivf1.com/ivf-implantation-failure/ It is possible to use donor eggs, donor sperm and a surrogate in Australia too. If you would like more idea please feel free to PM me. With kind thoughts and best wishes, Fortitude. xoxoxo